Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kantine ring. Opinions.

Article about: Hello everyone, I've been trying to purchase an original kantine ring. I was wondering if I could get some opinions before I purchase. I only have these 4 pics, I am sure i could ask for mor

Default Kantine ring. Opinions.

Hello everyone,
    I've been trying to purchase an original kantine ring. I was wondering if I could get some opinions before I purchase. I only have these 4 pics, I am sure i could ask for more if necessary. I love the patina on this one, however I want mine to be original, patina or not. Also, I know prices aren't mentioned here bit what would be an appropriate price range for an original kantine ring of this condition, thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kantine ring. Opinions.   Kantine ring. Opinions.  

Kantine ring. Opinions.   Kantine ring. Opinions.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kantine ring. Opinions.
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

I can't help you with price but I have a very worn example myself.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kantine ring. Opinions.   Kantine ring. Opinions.  

Kantine ring. Opinions.  

Quote by CBH View Post
    I can't help you with price but I have a very worn example myself.
    Do you think the pics I've enclosed looks like an official kantine ring, it looks pretty close, but I'm no expert. I have no idea of what to offer the guy to be fair, he isn't selling it as a kantine ring, just a ring his father as a jeweler bought around ww2 in Germany, at least that's the story.

?

Quote by KristianFerrell View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I've been trying to purchase an original kantine ring. I was wondering if I could get some opinions before I purchase. I only have these 4 pics, I am sure i could ask for more if necessary. I love the patina on this one, however I want mine to be original, patina or not. Also, I know prices aren't mentioned here bit what would be an appropriate price range for an original kantine ring of this condition, thanks in advance.
    Run away from this ring and save your money for a good one.

Quote by odal View Post
    Nice one Odal as usual, spot on

Quote by odal View Post
    I agree. It's so worn and defaced. There are Kantine rings around in much better condition than this.

The metal has had a very bad reaction to either the soil or has been exposed to fire and/or chemicals and is now flaking. Not a ring that you could really do much to save. As advised above, I would pass on this one and keep looking for a better example.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Hard to spot on the pics.
    But if this topic starting ring is no 2-piece-construction with hollow skull, it is for sure not period made.

Thanks for all the great advice. For once I didn't jump on instinct, and waited before I bought and regretted, thanks everyone.