Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Quest for canteen ring

Article about: Hello Everyone. I have been searching for an authentic canteen ring. I have perused all of the informative posts here and still... I do not trust my judgement. Here, I will post rings that I

Default Quest for canteen ring

Hello Everyone. I have been searching for an authentic canteen ring. I have perused all of the informative posts here and still... I do not trust my judgement. Here, I will post rings that I think have potential and hopefully I can get some opinions from you good people. There are a few styles that I prefer over others of course.

Ring #1
    Yes, this one has a stamp on the outside of the ring. According to what I've read, and a private discussion with someone whose opinion I trust, this puts it out of the running. will say I like this skull style.
    Quest for canteen ring
    Quest for canteen ring
    Quest for canteen ring
    Quest for canteen ring
    Quest for canteen ring

Ring #2
    Not sure about this one (or any of them to be honest). The pictures are a bit fuzzy and I am awaiting others hopefully. It seems to be well made though. The skull face looked slightly shocked....
    Quest for canteen ring
    Quest for canteen ring
    Quest for canteen ring
    Quest for canteen ring

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Quest for canteen ring
    P
    Many

The first ring, I’m not sure. It resembles a known pattern of Kantine-Ring skull but I have never seen this as a two piece, which it clearly is. The vast majority of German rings had a maker’s mark and/or hallmark stamped on the inner surface of the shank or on the rear of the cartouche. This one has a silver content mark (835) both on the inside and another mark on the outside.

There was a recent discussion on another forum about stamps on the outside of the ring shank, and which usually indicates another country of origin, e.g., the Netherlands or Finland. It could also denote that a silver ring, including a German one, was imported into a country that requires a stamp on silver items brought into that country.

It’s a nice-looking ring with good details. At first glance, it looked cast to me but being a two-piece questions that. Can we see better pictures of the outer stamp?

The second ring looks, based on the photos, like an authentic Third Reich ring. Again it is a known pattern with a skull (sometimes with coloured glass eyes in this pattern) and a snake coiling around the shank. Better photos are needed of this ring. There are a few posts on this forum regarding these skull & snake rings. Himmler apparently loved them and had a few of his own.

I've requested more pictures.
    In the meantime here is another that seller has blurry pictures of. Also requested more on this one as well. So far I'm liking the second one in first post.
    Quest for canteen ring
    Quest for canteen ring

I always wonder if such images are blurred deliberately. You'd hope that a good ring, or the seller, would have nothing to hide. Can't say that I like the look of this ring.

I agree. Even the worst cell phones take pretty decent pictures these days.

Philipp Militaria has an extensive selection of Kantinen-Ringe to choose from...Definitely worth a look!
    -Glenn-

The second ring is often sold as a Russian ring. Not sure if it's authentic or not though.

The second rings looks to be of decent quality, if that matters in this case...

Here are a few more:
    I think this might be good. Maybe...
    Ring#4
    Quest for canteen ring
    Quest for canteen ring
    Quest for canteen ring

And here:
    Ring#5
    Quest for canteen ring
    Quest for canteen ring
    Quest for canteen ring
    Quest for canteen ring

I like this one even though poor condition:
    Ring#6
    Quest for canteen ring
    Quest for canteen ring
    Quest for canteen ring
    Last edited by DeLano80; 03-06-2022 at 03:31 PM.

I don't like the look of any of those but I might be wrong. You can find a Ring available for purchase like the first one at the bottom of this links page and compare the difference. I'm not an expert but I'd post photos of it here if you do decide to buy just to be 100% sure but the last 2 rings (at the bottom of the links page) look great to me they are kinda expensive though. International Military Antiques -Third Reich Jewelry & SS Rings | Oakleaf Militaria

I do like the two on that page although spendy. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast