Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Real or fake ring and what is it?

Article about: Hello i need help is real or fake?

?

Default Real or fake ring and what is it?

Hello i need help is real or fake?
    Real or fake ring and what is it? Real or fake ring and what is it? Real or fake ring and what is it? Real or fake ring and what is it? Real or fake ring and what is it? Real or fake ring and what is it?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or fake ring and what is it?
    P
    Many

I've seen examples of wartime rings known as patriotic rings worn by soldiers serving in foreign units of the Wehrmacht and SS, however I cannot comment on this one, or it's authenticity. If you are looking to buy it then please wait for more experienced ring collectors to comment first.
    As an alternative, if you are looking to purchase one, there is a Latvian, I think, patriotic ring for sale in the forums Classifieds section, it is being sold by moderator Paul D and is a very nice example.

Kindest Regards,
    Harvey

IMO, I believe these are Luftwaffe colors.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

A please would be nice.

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    A please would be nice.
    Manners maketh man.

modern fantasy

Quote by Evgeniy View Post
    modern fantasy
    I have never seen this pattern. If it is indeed a Luftwaffe ring, as suggested by Ralph, I have no idea what unit. This green and white pattern is not among the insignia of the better-known Luftwaffe units, as far as I know.

The design looks a bit like the Latvian Legion insignia except, of course, that was red and white. See also Harvey's comments above. The link below shows some examples of Latvian Legion rings on this forum:
    Latvian engraved ring - confirmation of the origin

If it is a fantasy, as suggested by Evgeniy (and I tend to agree with him), it begs the question, a 'fantasy' what? What's it supposed to be? Does the seller of this ring make any claims as to its origin? Just curious...

Cheers,
    Stephen

Mind you, having dug around on Google, it seems that one of more Me109 fighter aircraft of JG51 indeed had a green-white-green stripe around the fuselage. OK, it's a long shot, I know!
    Any luftwaffe experts here?

Real or fake ring and what is it?

?

Hello (sorry for translator) lord also offers me this one
    is slightly similar to the one you talked about: Latvian engraved ring - confirmation of the origin
    Too find in Czech Republic
    Real or fake ring and what is it? Real or fake ring and what is it? Real or fake ring and what is it? Real or fake ring and what is it? Real or fake ring and what is it? Real or fake ring and what is it? Real or fake ring and what is it? Real or fake ring and what is it? Real or fake ring and what is it?

this type ring from Latvia patriotic rings and in no side should their production be attributed to the German Luftwaffe, rings with such a shred were made in Lithuania, before the war and are now produced

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast