Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

is the ring from the SS? What is the inscription inside?

Article about: Hello everyone! I've recently been browsing and became very interested in a collection. The picture is a screenshot I took; the original image isn't mine. My question is, is the ring in the

?

Question is the ring from the SS? What is the inscription inside?

Hello everyone! I've recently been browsing and became very interested in a collection. The picture is a screenshot I took; the original image isn't mine. My question is, is the ring in the photo from the SS? What does the inscription inside the ring mean? I currently think that the EK2 looks genuine. If anyone can offer any help or opinions, please do so! Thank you! I hope I posted this in the right forum section!
    Thanks!

is the ring from the SS?  What is the inscription inside?is the ring from the SS?  What is the inscription inside?is the ring from the SS?  What is the inscription inside?is the ring from the SS?  What is the inscription inside?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement is the ring from the SS?  What is the inscription inside?
    P
    Many

?

Hi, you images do not show any detail so it is hard to evaluate the ring. The ring can be a period piece but it is not an SS pattern. Is there a 835 silver content stamp on the inside?

The SS wore a mysterious ring about which hardly anything had been published, and counterfeiting or wearing it outside the SS was strictly prohibited, because it was not a purchased ring, but a very highly valued decoration that was only given through Himmler's intercession. So all kinds of jewelers started making skull rings that appealed to the imagination to imitate a kind of Skull Cult outside the SS. These are often lower quality silver rings or better ones in sterling, but they looked brave when you wore them with your mates.
    Well before the war, there was also the habbit of receiving and wearing Trauerringe at funerals. That is why there are an awful lot of skull rings which have nothing to do with the SS or the war and are found at fairs but also in the ground. And sold as WW2 (SS) material.

About the EK2: it looks like a one-piece construction. If that is the case, you should be very careful. Check with a magnet if the core responds to the magnet and the frame of the cross not. That should indicate if the cross is a three-piece construction. And try to take some detailed pictures from both sides. From these pics I would say this is a fake cross, but the photos are too unclear.

Quote by Martin3 View Post
    The SS wore a mysterious ring about which hardly anything had been published...
    I don’t know where you get such information but the “mysterious ring” you refer to is not mysterious at all. The SS Ehrenring (Honour Ring) was presented to individuals by Heinrich Himmler. Much has been published about this ring, including at least two very detailed and well-researched books. There are also many posts in this and other fora about the SS Honour Ring. It is probably the most frequently copied Nazi ring and some of those copies are very good.

The "awful lot of" skull rings you refer to were largely the Kantine-Ringe that were sold in service canteens. There were also many variants of private-purchase skull rings sold widely by jewellers. These could be and were purchased by many people, military, political and otherwise. The skull insignia was around for a long time before the Nazis, SS and WW2. It is a feature of many Memento More rings and is also found on several prewar as well as non-German rings. For example, the Prussian cavalry had a large skull emblem among their insignia.

The ring in this post is not an SS ring. It might be a Kantine-Ring but, without better photos, it is impossible to tell if it's authentic or not.

Regarding the Iron Cross, it would be better to post it on the relevant forum. There are experts in medals there who can advise on that.