Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS canteen ring???

Article about: Hello there, yeah, it is me again. Sorry for spamming guys. I am totally into rings and with some, I am just not sure so I totally value and rely on you guys. I have been offered this ring.

Default SS canteen ring???

Hello there,

yeah, it is me again. Sorry for spamming guys. I am totally into rings and with some, I am just not sure so I totally value and rely on you guys.

I have been offered this ring. It is from someone who lives in Russia and has been collecting, metal-detecting for years. I have bought my very first ring from him and it came and turned out to be legit. Now his friend has this ring. So, even though I do somewhat want to trust him, I would feel so much happier if I had some input from you guys. This would be my pride within my collection.

SS canteen ring??? SS canteen ring???SS canteen ring???SS canteen ring???SS canteen ring???SS canteen ring???

The only similar ring I have found was this one here:

SS canteen ring in silver with gold plating

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS canteen ring???
    P
    Many

As I understand, no genuine German-made rings had a hallmark on the outside of the shank. I have a couple: one from Finland and the other from the Netherlands.

If this ring here is genuine Third Reich period, it looks somewhat 'homemade', perhaps in Russia. If so, is it from the WW2 period? I have no clue. With these kinds of homemade or trench art rings, especially anything with 'SS' on it, the water is murky. Without really good provenance, it is almost impossible to say when it was made or by whom. If you like it and it's not too expensive, go for it.

Personally, I wouldn't touch this one. I've been burned a few times and am suspicious of any ring with the SS runes; 90% of them are fantasy rings. The best bet, if you want an SS ring, is to go for the known period patterns of silver rings with black enamel around silver runes. Or an SS Ehrenring if you have a spare few thousand Euros floating around...
    Last edited by SpitfireVb; 01-17-2022 at 06:15 PM.

This handicraft ring is practically and could have been made in the occupied territories, but rings of this type are not particularly popular, their origin is practically provable: whether it was made at that time or modern
    Often rings of this kind are fake, they take an old ring and cut Nazi symbols on it.
    And this ring you need to ask for a photo of the shield is very large and study if there are signs of wear on the applied runes or if they do not have signs of wear and that means this is a remake