Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

SS eagle veljekset sundqvist ring. Real, fake real based or total fantasy?

Article about: Hello. I bought this ring for low price from +-60 y.o. man. Allegedly was in his father belongings and he passed away- was collecting stuff after war. What I saw on this forum I highly doubt

Default SS eagle veljekset sundqvist ring. Real, fake real based or total fantasy?

Hello. I bought this ring for low price from +-60 y.o. man. Allegedly was in his father belongings and he passed away- was collecting stuff after war. What I saw on this forum I highly doubt that this is real deal. Stamps are veljekset sundqvist and 9xx or 8?x6. Searched that 826 was for Dennmark and Norway. Saw only one same at auction house in US in 2015.
    Any comments appreciated.
    Thank you
    Invictus
    SS eagle veljekset sundqvist ring. Real, fake real based or total fantasy?SS eagle veljekset sundqvist ring. Real, fake real based or total fantasy?SS eagle veljekset sundqvist ring. Real, fake real based or total fantasy?SS eagle veljekset sundqvist ring. Real, fake real based or total fantasy?SS eagle veljekset sundqvist ring. Real, fake real based or total fantasy?SS eagle veljekset sundqvist ring. Real, fake real based or total fantasy?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS eagle veljekset sundqvist ring. Real, fake real based or total fantasy?
    P
    Many

?

My guess is a poorly cast fantasy item incorporating an Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen (general assault badge) with SS runes. Even veterans of the war have been duped into buying fake items after the fact. Just my opinion, I'm sure more people will chime in.

CSW
    ?

Veljekset Sundqvist is a well-known old Finnish manufacturer of military badges and the like. I've seen a couple examples of this particular style for sale on online dealer sites as "original" but these are all without exception 100% fake, afaik. No idea why the fakers are using a Finnish manufacturer's stamp on them

I agree, a poorly cast fake.
    You can see the roughness in the openings around the Algemeine Sturmabzeichen, as well as casting marks.
    I have purchased one similar with a PAB on it for my collection, (knowing it is a fantasy item).
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

raz
    ?

I agree with Al and Ralph 100% .

It’s a known cast fantasy piece. Rings like this, and others with a Veljekset Sundqvist stamp, have been discussed on several of the fora over the years. A dealer friend of mine has an identical ring to this one. It came with ‘genuine provenance’ in the form of a letter claiming that the ring had been made by the jeweller to the Finnish Crown. Go figure!

Also, tip for the future: any ring with SS runes on the shank is a sure sign of a dud.

Thanks for all replies. I bought it before hit this forum- after searching like for 1 hour was clear to me that mine is fake But hope dies last.
    SpitfireVb future tip noted.

?

sorry its a fantasy ring