Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Is this SS Ehrenring fake?

Article about: Hello, how are you guys?i don´t know to much about SS Ehrenringen but a person that solds Antiques is selling this ring as original. my guts tell me that probably is a fake one. but i want t

Default Is this SS Ehrenring fake?

Hello, how are you guys?i don´t know to much about SS Ehrenringen but a person that solds Antiques is selling this ring as original.
    my guts tell me that probably is a fake one. but i want to be sure. can you guys please give me your opinion on this one?
    Thanks a lot.

Amilcar.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this SS Ehrenring fake?
    P
    Many

?

First off, I am no expert on these rings but I did a little bit of research on the name in the ring.
    The name and date popped up and this is what was said about it: "The SELTZEN (looks like SEETZEN in the ring) is widely produced but is more recent in it's appearance."

So with that being said, I am very sceptical about this Ehrenring. They are very rare and also very expensive, that's why they are being reproduced a lot.
    Like I said, I don't think this one is authentic but lets wait for others to give their opinion.

Regards, Rik

The 'Seetzen' ring is a well known fake. The skull is cast seperately, but attached incorrectly to the ring. They normally come with the fake ring box as well, just as this example has.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I'd go $40 if it's Sterling - but no higher.........!
    Regards,

Steve.