Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

SS Honor Ring

Article about: Had for about 20+ years. Contacted Don Boyle about it in 2009 (said he charges \\$250 to tell me if its fake or real). Craig Gottlieb was on the fence. I found it again after a move and got re

?

Default SS Honor Ring

Had for about 20+ years. Contacted Don Boyle about it in 2009 (said he charges $250 to tell me if its fake or real). Craig Gottlieb was on the fence. I found it again after a move and got re-interested in it again. Here are a bunch of pictures for your amusement. SS Honor RingSS Honor RingSS Honor RingSS Honor RingSS Honor Ring[ATTACH]undefined[/ATTACH]
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Honor Ring   SS Honor Ring  

SS Honor Ring   SS Honor Ring  

SS Honor Ring  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Honor Ring
    P
    Many

Looks good to me. May (possibly) have been slightly re-sized.

It's always difficult from photos alone, but it looks fine to me.

Here's one I have, about the same ring size as yours, to compare some of the details.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Honor Ring  

?

Thanks for writing. Your ring looks beautiful. You’re right too; they seem to be about the same size.

I see copy

?

It's the real deal in my opinion, by judging from the photos here. Transitional ring with 1939 date, and 1940's style band.

2 JRMeda
    in side not handmade engraving, fake seam, and 39 year it was a transitional year for the rings, they were a little different and othe detales...
    I think that you do not understand this issue and are pushing a person to buy a fake...

?

Quote by Evgeniy View Post
    2 JRMeda
    in side not handmade engraving, fake seam, and 39 year it was a transitional year for the rings, they were a little different and othe detales...
    I think that you do not understand this issue and are pushing a person to buy a fake...
    You may be correct Sir, but no one is pushing anyone just giving honest opinions. The OP states that he owns the rings for many years already
    Regards, Al

you can own copies for an arbitrarily long time, but they will not become originals from this, copies began to be made not yesterday

CBH
    ?

Well he is certainly correct about the fake seem, never seen that before.
    But a red flag if there ever was one.

?

I'm sorry but you misunderstood my meaning. I do not imply that owning something a long time makes it authentic. I simply stated that no one is pushing him to buy the ring as he already owns it. As to authenticity I leave that up to those like yourself that are familiar with Honor rings.
    Regards, Al

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast