Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS jeweler ring?

Article about: Hello any thoughts on authenticity of this ring i may purchase thanks.

Default SS jeweler ring?

[ATTACH=CONSS jeweler ring?SS jeweler ring?FIG]1515108[/ATTACH]Hello any thoughts on authenticity of this ring i may purchase thanks.SS jeweler ring?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS jeweler ring?  
    Last edited by Dgrotto; 07-02-2021 at 01:38 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS jeweler ring?
    P
    Many

?

Could you post a photo of it?

Semper Fi
    Phil

The following thread explains how to upload photos to your post.
    Visual Guide to Upload Photos
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Posted some pictures thanks.

?

Pic flip

SS jeweler ring?
    SS jeweler ring?
    SS jeweler ring?
    Attached Images Attached Images SS jeweler ring? 

I dont like this rings

fantasy garbage

Never seen anything like it. Not that that necessarily makes it a dud but I don‘t like it either, especially with that swastika on the back of the cartouche. There's just too much fuss and detail compared to other, genuine, Third Reich rings including SS.

OK, so one might argue that it was a privately commissioned ring for an SS officer, however, unless you have convincing evidence for this, I would stay away; spend your money on something else. While there are still good rings our there, be very wary of unusual SS patterns: they are heavily fantasised and faked, sometimes very well.

Since there is a box too, it might be worth doing some research on the Viennese jeweller. But that still will probably not help with authentication. Shame: it is a nice ring...
    Last edited by SpitfireVb; 07-04-2021 at 06:49 PM.

Thanks for the info I know rings are hard to authenticate, I did research on the jeweler but nothing came up. The seller said private jewelers are not like the larger ones and usually didn’t last much after the war, I’m going to keep looking for a decent ring that I feel more comfortable with.