Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS runes black enamel ring

Article about: Hello guys! I have an opportunity to buy this ring. As of now I have only these poor photos. Personally I like it but I've never owned similar ring so any opinion would be greatly appreciate

?

Default SS runes black enamel ring

Hello guys! I have an opportunity to buy this ring. As of now I have only these poor photos. Personally I like it but I've never owned similar ring so any opinion would be greatly appreciated Greetings, Artur
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS runes black enamel ring   SS runes black enamel ring  

SS runes black enamel ring   SS runes black enamel ring  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS runes black enamel ring
    P
    Many

?

Bad pics are allways no good sign.
    A pattern i don`t know.
    Perfect pics should be standart in this price range.
    So be careful.

?

Quote by odal View Post
    Bad pics are allways no good sign.
    A pattern i don`t know.
    Perfect pics should be standart in this price range.
    So be careful.
    Words of wisdom !!
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

I've never seen this particular style either, although I've seen and handled many of the black enamels. It's marked "800", but it's appearance almost is that of a plated ring, with much yellowing of brassing showing. I would be Extremely cautious over this ring.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I agree that caution is warranted here. Any provenance? How trustworthy is the seller? I have enamel SA and SS rings similar to those posted a few weeks ago here by Wagriff, Odal and Lokvar. Haven't seen this variant before.

CBH
    ?

I believe William's statement of a plated 800 marked ring truly sinks this item .

?

Thanks for all responses guys! They were really helpful. I thought totally the same about plating, it looks exactly the same like period brass rings plated silver. I will pass on this one. Other people advice is needed, especially when it's about items that you really want to buy. Nonetheless I will keep looking, someday I will find the right one for my collection. Art

I agree with everything said above but would go further and say that even in these poor pics the brass beneath the heavily worn plating sticks out like a sore thumb!
    To mark an item as 800 grade silver when it isn't can be nothing other than a deception.

Well done for posting here to ask opinion and you do right to pass on it.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 01-08-2017 at 01:48 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."