Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Swastika ring. Good or bad? That is the question.

Article about: Not seen on like this before. Commemorative ring for the alliance between Germany and Italy. It’s for sale via a reputable seller.

Default Swastika ring. Good or bad? That is the question.

Not seen on like this before. Commemorative ring for the alliance between Germany and Italy. It’s for sale via a reputable seller.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swastika ring. Good or bad? That is the question.   Swastika ring. Good or bad? That is the question.  

Swastika ring. Good or bad? That is the question.   Swastika ring. Good or bad? That is the question.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swastika ring. Good or bad? That is the question.
    P
    Many

GlennAgain do you thing this is a good one?

Anyone have an idea on this one please? Is it something you have seen before or potentially a fantasy item? I’ve bought from the seller previously and is well respected amongst collectors.

I like it...I believe Philipp Militaria had one for sale recently...

?

Is it moulded as one or is the swastika applied separately?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I’ve no idea Adrian. Thanks for your response. Is there anything I should be aware of?

I agree with Glenn, I do also think the ring is period. There were a lot of things like that at the time, but the use of the Swaz for “kitsch” was banned as early as 1935. The ring looks a bit “kitsch” to me. In any case, the material is very simple; it looks like silver-plated or nickel-plated brass. In German we would call it "Nippes".

Thankyou for the reply. If the use of the Swastika for kitsch were banned in 1935 though would you say it’s odd for it still be produced? As Italy didn’t align with Germany until 1939. So maybe was this item perhaps produced under licence of some kind?

Quote by Tinhatman View Post
    Thankyou for the reply. If the use of the Swastika for kitsch were banned in 1935 though would you say it’s odd for it still be produced? As Italy didn’t align with Germany until 1939. So maybe was this item perhaps produced under licence of some kind?
    Certainly that is possible. By the way, Germany and Italy were not only officially allies in 1939, but since 1936. On November 1, 1936, Mussolini announced the "Rome-Berlin Axis". The allies wanted to become closer in terms of their anti-communist policies and their expansion interests. The alliance also provided for economic agreements.

I like it. It should be a two-piece with the swastika/fasces motif riveted or welded to the cartouche. This is a known, early pattern in honour of the relationship between Nazi Germany and Fascist Italy. Brass with a silver-coloured wash.

Here is a similar pattern.

Swastika ring. Good or bad? That is the question.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast