MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Totenkopf der SS (7-3-36) Hermann Warch

Article about: New pickup today Totenkopf der SS (7-3-36) Hermann Warch Attributed SS Totenkopf ring and what I know. The ring is dated to 7-3-36 which dates the military subsuming of the Rhineland, in Sep

?

Default Totenkopf der SS (7-3-36) Hermann Warch

New pickup today

Attributed SS Totenkopf ring and what I know.

The ring is dated to 7-3-36 which dates the military
    subsuming of the Rhineland, in September of 36 Himmler officially made 4 issue dates for rings. So this date was only used 1 year and very few examples exist.

The ring was certified by Boyle and has also been listed in Gottlieb's book as a known ring. Ring has been researched by Westmoreland and another researcher and Hermann Warch was found to be the only possible match.

He was assigned 59th SS Standarte "loeper"
    He also served in ww1 with
    124th infanterie regiment
    122nd infanterie regiment

Research led to date of birth his wife awards and assignments. No date of death is listed.

The ring was located in 1971 in the car of a vet. Was sold from vet estate to collector who sold it to the collector I purchased it from. The original vet was from Marion Indiana. Unfortunately I do not have his name.

Please let me know what you think and any info you have.

Thanks Tim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Totenkopf der SS (7-3-36) Hermann Warch   Totenkopf der SS (7-3-36) Hermann Warch  

Totenkopf der SS (7-3-36) Hermann Warch   Totenkopf der SS (7-3-36) Hermann Warch  

Totenkopf der SS (7-3-36) Hermann Warch   Totenkopf der SS (7-3-36) Hermann Warch  

Last edited by Larry C; 07-06-2023 at 01:48 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Totenkopf der SS (7-3-36) Hermann Warch
    P
    Many

?

Congratulations Tim! Very few get to own a piece of history this significant. It appears to be very well documented and rare. The well worn look is amazing.
    Regards, Al

Congratulations! It is beautiful ring.

I like these worn rings.
    -TJ-

Very nice!

$250 fee for services. Don's onto a good little earner there.

Nice found, congrats...

?

Honestly Boyle's certification is becoming less needed year after year. If you know what to look for in these rings you can cert them yourself.

Hi Tim..I would say this is a huge stellar find ...with it being an early type and also from the Loeper Standarte.

A diamond for the top of your collection.

Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks, yes I feel very fortunate I lucked into this one. Maybe I should search for a Loeper cuff title. I don't have any. This is my new ss shelf with the ring centered.

Thanks
    Tim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Totenkopf der SS (7-3-36) Hermann Warch   Totenkopf der SS (7-3-36) Hermann Warch  

Wow, I can only dream of owning such a rare original totenkopfring. Hermann Warch was in Infanterie Regiment 124 when he was lightly wounded on 29 November 1916, hence the reference to his verwundabzeichen in Schwarz.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast