Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TR Era Kantinenring in Tombak? Need assistance.

Article about: Hi gents! I'd like your thoughts on this canteen ring that is stated to be made from Tombak. Thing is, I know I've seen this design either discussed here, or perhaps in a TR era catalog, but

Default TR Era Kantinenring in Tombak? Need assistance.

Hi gents! I'd like your thoughts on this canteen ring that is stated to be made from Tombak. Thing is, I know I've seen this design either discussed here, or perhaps in a TR era catalog, but I can't find it for the life of me. I remember the stars and the flag motif being distinct, but am still unable to find another example. Thoughts? I might like to have it, but I'd appreciate your opinions first.

One-million thanks, as always.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement TR Era Kantinenring in Tombak? Need assistance.
    P
    Many

Looks genuine to me but not necessarily Third Reich. I think this is a Memento Mori ring

Quote by SpitfireVb View Post
    Looks genuine to me but not necessarily Third Reich. I think this is a Memento Mori ring
    Oh, that's a good observation - I'd bet you're right. The draped flags and stars definitely don't resemble anything I've seen on a TR era ring. Thanks for having a look!

Quote by DerFunker View Post
    Oh, that's a good observation - I'd bet you're right. The draped flags and stars definitely don't resemble anything I've seen on a TR era ring. Thanks for having a look!
    The fourth photo shows an hour glass on the shank. The second photo shows a scythe, and the third and sixth show stars. These are all features on MM rings. Cheers!
    Stephen

Quote by SpitfireVb View Post
    The fourth photo shows an hour glass on the shank. The second photo shows a scythe, and the third and sixth show stars. These are all features on MM rings. Cheers!
    Stephen
    You're right! And clearly your eyes are better than mine - I couldn't quite make out all of the details. I appreciate you taking time to comment - it's a great looking ring, but you've saved me a bit of money by helping to identify it. Thanks again!

Wrong, this is WW2 ring I have newspaper add from period magazine (1943) with the same ring

Quote by NVRMORE View Post
    Wrong, this is WW2 ring I have newspaper add from period magazine (1943) with the same ring
    Perhaps but this a Memento Mori ring, which is clear from its design. It is feasibly from the mid 40s but it has nothing to do with the war or the Third Reich.

?

Quote by NVRMORE View Post
    Please post the advertisement so that we can all benefit from this knowledge
    Regards, Al

Quote by Aldo View Post
    Please post the advertisement so that we can all benefit from this knowledge
    Yes, seconded! Please post it and let's have a look - I'm eager to see it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast