Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Two interesting WW2 rings

Article about: Below are two rings from a same local dealer where I live, asking price is around \\$1000 for each The Norge ring is supposedly for a member of the Germanske SS Norge made of copper and silver

Default Two interesting WW2 rings

Below are two rings from a same local dealer where I live, asking price is around $1000 for each

The Norge ring is supposedly for a member of the Germanske SS Norge made of copper and silver, measuring 24mm in diameter, Seller mentions this peace is bought from a European collector that acquired it from a museum.

The Afrikakorps Ring has a luftwaffe eagle on one side and a palm swastika on the other.

Which one is rarer? and are they worth the price,

Thank you in advance for your insight.

Two interesting WW2 ringsTwo interesting WW2 rings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two interesting WW2 rings
    P
    Many

Like the other rings you have posted so far, these two are fake rubbish. Awful. Sorry, but my advice is to find a better source of Third Reich rings.

Wow, im on the brink of giving up

After searching the forum, a member of this thread posted the same ring which is still on sale and said it is 100% original, do you agree?

nothing interesting both rings (norge and africa) fakes !

LC ring is original

Thank you Evgeniy for confirmation!

That is interesting because all three rings are sold by same seller for almost the same price! so I wonder if he is misinformed, uneducated, or just trying to rip people off with one real ring and the rest fakes!

But at least im happy I encountered ONE original ring which is the LC ring, it looks nice, will probably go see it in person soon.

Quote by M Brandon View Post
    Thank you Evgeniy for confirmation!

That is interesting because all three rings are sold by same seller for almost the same price! so I wonder if he is misinformed, uneducated, or just trying to rip people off with one real ring and the rest fakes!

But at least im happy I encountered ONE original ring which is the LC ring, it looks nice, will probably go see it in person soon.
    The LC ring is a beauty. I love LC rings and have a few myself. Good find.

Regarding your dealer, if he knows his stuff like any good dealer should, he should recognise the two rings posted at the top of this thread as the fake junk that they are. They're not even reasonable copies of known patterns. They are poorly made fantasy rings that never existed in the Third Reich.

Trying to charge €1000, let alone €10 is daylight robbery. I find it hard to believe that he is 'misinformed' or 'uneducated'. The contention that the Norwegian ring was 'acquired from a museum' is blatant nonsense. I wouldn't trust him with a ten-foot pole, even if he does have one ring that seems to be authentic. That could be part of the trick: small profit on one ring, huge profits from gullible customers buying the cheap fakes.

Incidentally, I don‘t think anyone has welcomed you to the forum... so... Welcome to the Forum.
    Last edited by SpitfireVb; 01-20-2022 at 02:43 PM.