Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Button ID help needed please.

Article about: Can anyone help id this please? It has an Assmann mark & Extra Fein on the back. German Railway Telegraphist? Date? The significance of the lower shield with letter or number? Many thank

Default Button ID help needed please.

Can anyone help id this please? It has an Assmann mark & Extra Fein on the back. German Railway Telegraphist? Date? The significance of the lower shield with letter or number? Many thanks Rob.

Button ID help needed please.Button ID help needed please.

MAP
    ?

With the lightening bolts, it does appear to have a signals relation. Never seen one like this myself but I think you are on the right track.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi Chester,

I was able to find a couple of similar examples with a winged wheel where it has variously been described as an early 1890s German Telegraph Delivery Railroad Winged Wheel Uniform Button. Below is another example of a button showing the winged wheel. Not sure if the winged wheel indicates railway or something different, but this might give you a lead at least. The photos aren’t the best, but the example you show looks much nicer and of better quality.

Andy
    Button ID help needed please.Button ID help needed please.

Thanks for the suggestions. It may also be for a German Tramway hence the electrical bolts with the 1 signifying the line or route number.

It looks similar to street tram car buttons, but I've not seen one with this shield before.

MAP
    ?

We have a "Button" forum believe it or not. I can link the thread there and see if it gets any views. I have left a permanent re-direct link in the Imperial forum.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Many thanks.