MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

22mm Star

Article about: Hi I am new to the forums so sincere apologies if I have not posted in the correct way. I have purchased the below 22mm star and was wondering if anyone could give insight into whether it co

Default 22mm Star

Hi

I am new to the forums so sincere apologies if I have not posted in the correct way.

I have purchased the below 22mm star and was wondering if anyone could give insight into whether it could be authentic?

From looking at the basic sticky guide the design seems to resemble either the 1936 or 1953 pattern but I am unsure. The seller claimed it could have been taken as a keepsake by German soldier.

Many thanks,

Andrew

22mm Star

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 22mm Star
    P
    Many

?

Looks like a good 1939 Pilotka star from first impressions.

Earlier iterations have a separate hammer/sickle, post war ones have smaller hammer/sickles.

A pic of the back would help. Are the prongs on the back attached in a 'U' shape or pinched together?

Thank you Boycie for your reply. It is much appreciated.

Apologies for the slow reply. One of the prongs is missing but its appear they were in the 'U' shape. Pictures below - apologies for poor quality
    Many thanks again,

Andrew

22mm Star22mm Star