Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bezka Tally: СТАЛИН

Article about: A very thoughtful friend and collecting associate has presented me with this for my recent 43rd birthday. According to the dealer he purchased it from, the USCG veteran she obtained it from

Default Bezka Tally: СТАЛИН

A very thoughtful friend and collecting associate has presented me with this for my recent 43rd birthday.

According to the dealer he purchased it from, the USCG veteran she obtained it from met a Soviet ship in Alaska and traded misc American items for this tally whilst turning over an American frigate (USS Belfast) to the Fleet of the USSR in a very late LEND-LEASE transaction.

So, here I show the aforementioned birthday gift:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bezka Tally: СТАЛИН  
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Bezka Tally: СТАЛИН
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Bezka Tally: СТАЛИН

Very , very nice one Richie!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Dim,

Do you have any information about this ship - STALIN?

Or it was not a ship and this tally was just "patriotic"?
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

I think there was more than 5 different ships with that name, one is ex Estonian "Vironia" passenger ship was remade by soviets to hospital ship and destroyed near the Estonian coast in 1941 year
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Richie, can you post the ends of the tally. It's a very interesting, if you will once trade it tell me know
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Now I'am very happy to owe this nice tally which is courtesy gifted fe by Richie
    Here is the small history of the STALIN destroyer:
    Type Orpheus- 1 Baltic batch
    Date of production: 13.06.1915-05.06.1916
    Before 1922 year - SAMSON
    in the fleet from 04.12.1916, 21.04.1921 was a part of Naval forces of Baltic sea and 11.01.1935 - in the structure of KBF
    Has passed major repairs in 1925 - 1926 and 1933 - 1936 From 2.07 till 11.10.1936 transimitted from Leningrad to Vladivostok over the Belomoro-Baltic ( Belomorkanal ) channel and Northern sea way and take a part Pacific Ocean fleet.
    In August, 1938 takes a part in operations at lake Hasan (Soviet- Japanese conflict). During the Great Patriotic War supplyed the underwater forces of the ТОФ (Pacific Ocean fleet). 17.12.1946 it is deduced from fleet, it is disarmed and reformed in not self-propelled educational vessel. 16.06.1951 re-classified to floating barracks, and 30.05.1956 it is excluded from lists of the Soviet Navy and forwarded for recicling/ utilization.
    Attached Images Attached Images Bezka Tally: СТАЛИН 
    Regards,
    Dimas