Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka Pockets

Article about: I see nothing inconsistent with the lend lease M-35 (construction) and 43 (materials) in the virtual museums posted on other respected dealer websites. This is a "one off" item fou

Hello,

The right one is for the troups. The left one is for officers. These last one do not have elbow reinforcement.

Bruno

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka Pockets
    P
    Many

?

Ok, thanks.
    I always thought that officers gymnasterka has colored piping around cuffs and collar, this one hasn't got any piping.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka Pockets  

Hello

Piping deseapered in 41 as explained in the thread on M35 gym:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/unifo...sterka-371121/

Bruno

?

Quote by RichieC View Post
    Dimas wrote that it was 1935 vintage. Perhaps he meant 1955?

Dim?
    Yes, Richie, my typo
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

The difference between the enlisted and officers gyms are just piping. As I stated before, each factory has it's own technical means. This is just a different factories issue.
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

And at least the right word is a commander's gymnasterka, due the word and officers ranks appeared in 1943 year.
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Quote by bourguignotte View Post

Natjer's gym is neitehr a M35 nor a M43
    Thereofr it is still a standard Soviet model that was transformed at some point to look like a M35.
    They are many reason for this either for theater, movie or even museaum needing to get one knowing that most M35 were used till death.

That said, many gym look like M35 but without being one.

Bruno
    Just to understand... Is my gym considered not a M35 just because of the pockets, and not a M43 just because of the collar? Anything else? Its ok I can take it!!

From the looks of it it would be readily accepted as m35 if had patch pockets and a M43 if it had the standard collar. It has never been altered. It is not a 1950's gym either because there is no internal ID pocket. The nature of the comments seem a bit speculative and based more on the unique nature of the garment vice any hard evidence that it is post 1947.

?

I was looking through my photos of 22nd Rifle Corps and here are some commanders with similar gymnasterkas - without piping and same pockets.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka Pockets   Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka Pockets  

?

Several of the gyms in period photos posted in posts #5 and #8 have the bellows pockets too.

Dom
    ?

Quote by NATJER View Post
    Just to understand... Is my gym considered not a M35 just because of the pockets, and not a M43 just because of the collar? Anything else? Its ok I can take it!!

From the looks of it it would be readily accepted as m35 if had patch pockets and a M43 if it had the standard collar. It has never been altered. It is not a 1950's gym either because there is no internal ID pocket. The nature of the comments seem a bit speculative and based more on the unique nature of the garment vice any hard evidence that it is post 1947.
    And what arguments you have to think that this gym was made before 47 ??
    Obviously the comments of people who spoke on the thread are unanimous .

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast