Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

did Russia supply North Vietnam with this type of belt?

Article about: The first photo. A belt of military builders, the Soviet army. Строибат.

Question did Russia supply North Vietnam with this type of belt?

anybody know if the Russians supplied the North Vietnamese with any of these types of web belt with steel buckle with a hammer & sickle on the front during the Vietnam war?

I heard the Russians also used these in Afghanistan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture did Russia supply North Vietnam with this type of belt?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement did Russia supply North Vietnam with this type of belt?
    P
    Many

Default Re: did Russia supply North Vietnam with this type of belt?

These were not supplied to the very best of my knowledge.

Cheers, Ade.

OKW
    ?

I thought the Chinese supplied more to the north having a common border, this was before they fell out and invaded Vietnam. Always amazed me that they pulled out again.

Quote by OKW View Post
    I thought the Chinese supplied more to the north having a common border, this was before they fell out and invaded Vietnam. Always amazed me that they pulled out again.
    I have a NVA belt like this one, I heard these were made in China for the North Vietnamese / PAVN.

they designed these so they could use captured US web gear with this belt, US canteens and hip holsters will fit these.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture did Russia supply North Vietnam with this type of belt?  

My uncle, who was in VN twice brought home a belt, and buckle similar to what you first displayed, however, his had the inner part of the star carved out (no Hammer, and Sickle), and had been hand painted with red paint.

Unfortunately, when he was killed in an accident, I was still overseas in the U.S. Army, and his wife tossed everything in the trash.

Boridin

Quote by battle gear View Post
    I have a NVA belt like this one.
    Now my question is, by NVA, do you mean North Vietnamese Army, or the Neue Volkes Armee, IE east German Army?

Just kidding, I know what you meant.

Boridin

?

This is my NVA buckle I dont know where it was made but I do know where it came from.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture did Russia supply North Vietnam with this type of belt?   did Russia supply North Vietnam with this type of belt?  

did Russia supply North Vietnam with this type of belt?   did Russia supply North Vietnam with this type of belt?  

did Russia supply North Vietnam with this type of belt?  

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    This is my NVA buckle I dont know where it was made but I do know where it came from.
    That is really nice!

Great addition to any collection.

Boridin

?

Thanks Boridin the buckle,belt,holster,and Chicom (tokarev)pistol were brought back along with a sks ( I have the sks also) back in1968. I also have the bring back papers from TAN SON NHUT Air Base. Gary

Here is my bring back Viet Nam sidearm.

This was brought back by a man, who was an E-5 Sgt., in the U.S. Army at the time. When I knew him, he was an E-7, and was my platoon Sgt. He gave this weapon to me in the late 70s, as he liked me.

Boridin

The story of how he got the weapon is, that his unit was on patrol, they ran into an NVA unit, and a firefight ensued. Both units were intermixed, and it was absolute chaos. At one point, my Sgt, carrying an M-16 (which he hated), saw an NVA Officer aiming his pistol at one of the U.S. soldiers, so my Sgt quickly fired at the NVA Officers, and hit him in the right hand, knocking the ChiCom TT out of his hand.

He then fired again, and killed the NVA Officer. He quickly went over, and grabbed the pistol, knowing it would otherwise disappear, if he didn't grab it. Here is the pistol, and the holster/lanyard that he got.

The holster is clearly a ChiCom TT holster, but the lanyard looks Soviet to me.

Enjoy the pictures.

Boridin

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast