Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help needed - Original wartime telogreika?

Article about: I can use some help if this is an original wartime Red Army Telogreika? I've been reading all threads here and I have come across comments that wartime versions have no internal pocket and h

Default Help needed - Original wartime telogreika?

I can use some help if this is an original wartime Red Army Telogreika? I've been reading all threads here and I have come across comments that wartime versions have no internal pocket and have no khaki lining but in other threads this came to discussion again. This one is now for sale and I am interested but I still have doubts that this is probably a POW telogreika early postwar. Looking forward to your opinions!!Thanks a lot in advance!

Help needed - Original wartime telogreika?Help needed - Original wartime telogreika?Help needed - Original wartime telogreika?Help needed - Original wartime telogreika?Help needed - Original wartime telogreika?Help needed - Original wartime telogreika?Help needed - Original wartime telogreika?Help needed - Original wartime telogreika?Help needed - Original wartime telogreika?Help needed - Original wartime telogreika?Help needed - Original wartime telogreika?Help needed - Original wartime telogreika?Help needed - Original wartime telogreika?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help needed - Original wartime telogreika?
    P
    Many

I can’t help regarding authenticity but I did read in a thread on this forum that wartime/early postwar soviet prison camp telogreikas had a white cloth rectangle with identification numbers on it?? Here is a link to the thread (6th post): Identifying a telogreika jacket

I know and fully read that thread as well. Not all POW telogreikas had these white cloth labels. Plenty of photographic evidence from POW's that wear telogreikas without any such markings is out there.

The discussion whether or not Red Army telogreikas had a belt on the back is to me also not really important. I have seen photographs with and without belts on the back. I am more interested in the possible lining and possible inner pocket. It could be just variations in fabrication. Quite understandable with such a vast country and so many factories where these are made. On the other hand, also tons of civilian were made. Just look at period photographs....almost every farmer and factory worker wears one.

So to my understanding inner pockets can only found in pre-war and post-war telogreikas. But I have not seen evidence to back this statement up to be honest.
    The same goes for lining, wartime telogreikas should not have khaki lining but I have seen no evidence here either to back this up.

All in all it is a very interesting discussion and I hope to learn from this.

?

I think this is 1941 pattern.

The pre-war and post war ones where intended to be worn as an inner layer, hence the small integral belt and lack of collar.

The fall collar and loops for an outer belt acknowledge the use of the telogreika as an outer layer.

I wouldn't read too much into the lining colour and pocket issue.

Look at this: Военная одежда: ватник в русской армии

Thanks a lot for the link. It is exactly as the telogreika shown above. So learned something new again today. Thanks!!
    Too bad the telogreika has been sold already