Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Identifying a telogreika jacket

Article about: Gentlemen, Since my childhood, the image of the soviet soldier of the Great Patriotic War included the telogreika padded jacket. For me it is an iconic part of his uniform, and it has ever s

hatrick
    ?

Default Re: Identifying a telogreika jacket

Does anyone have an extra telogreika they are looking to sell?? I am trying to find a really authentic one to use for reenacting but all I find these days are crappy reproductions of more modern models that aren't really like the WWII model.

I am looking for one of the original Russian military made telogreika that have the adjustment strap/belt in the back that has the two-prong metal buckle. I would like it to be the later pattern that does not have the collar and preferably in the tan/khaki/brownish color and not the greenish color. I need a size 42/44 US chest which is I think a Russian size 4 or 5.

Please email me directly if you can help me out.

Thanks,
    Eric

p.s. I am also interested in getting an original WWII telogrieka for my collection if there is one for sale.

2. # ADS

Quote by hatrick View Post
    Does anyone have an extra telogreika they are looking to sell?? I am trying to find a really authentic one to use for reenacting but all I find these days are crappy reproductions of more modern models that aren't really like the WWII model.

I am looking for one of the original Russian military made telogreika that have the adjustment strap/belt in the back that has the two-prong metal buckle. I would like it to be the later pattern that does not have the collar and preferably in the tan/khaki/brownish color and not the greenish color. I need a size 42/44 US chest which is I think a Russian size 4 or 5.

Please email me directly if you can help me out.

Thanks,
    Eric

p.s. I am also interested in getting an original WWII telogrieka for my collection if there is one for sale.
    Eric,

Check the web page of Espenlaub Militaria. They have an original for sale.

WW2 Soviet winter jacket

Regards,

Gustavo Cano

Hi Eric, welcome to the forum.

You will not fit into a size 4 and will struggle with a size 5. I take a size 5 and I am only a 40 chest.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hatrick, you can use the 60's era jacket without problem, due of cut is nearly not changed, just some differences in the cloth and inside pocket, even I saw some war time telogreikas with internal pocket. Use it without problems- noone will say that it's not firt to the war...
    But original padded jacket to use- is extremelly rare piece- and I would'nt use it ( due of open fire and mud will eat it very soon )
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

hatrick
    ?

Dimas,

Ideally I'd like to find a post-war telogreika to use for reenacting (like the 60's one you mentioned) and I'd also like to eventually get an original for my collection.

Right now, the priority is to find one to use for reenacting.

Thanks,
    Eric

Gentlemen,

Here are pictures of yet another telogreika I have been offered. They are not dealers, but the family of a vet selling the state found on an attic (or so they say). No sign of stamps.

The only thing that surprises me are the buttons, as they seem to me thay have been covered with fabric.

As for the rest, it seems clear that the owner has tried to "modernize" the jacket by adding a bigger collar and internal pockets with fresh apertures from the outside of the jacket, which seems to be easily restorable to their s original condition.

What can you folks say about it?

A wartime or post-war jacket?

Thanks for your answers.

Regards,

Gus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying a telogreika jacket   Identifying a telogreika jacket  

Identifying a telogreika jacket   Identifying a telogreika jacket  

Identifying a telogreika jacket  

?

Looks to me as Soviet POW used telogreika, they have own fashion on the prison...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by guscanoesp View Post
    Gentlemen,
    Here are pictures of yet another telogreika I have been offered. They are not dealers, but the family of a vet selling the state found on an attic (or so they say). No sign of stamps.
    The only thing that surprises me are the buttons, as they seem to me thay have been covered with fabric.
    As for the rest, it seems clear that the owner has tried to "modernize" the jacket by adding a bigger collar and internal pockets with fresh apertures from the outside of the jacket, which seems to be easily restorable to their s original condition.
    What can you folks say about it?
    A wartime or post-war jacket?
    Thanks for your answers.

Regards,
    Gus
    I think it is sort of cool - if it is indeed something fashioned by a prisoner.

I would think a German prisoner Dim. Is that what you would think also?

Gus, what country is the supposed "Vet" from?
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Quote by RichieC View Post
    I think it is sort of cool - if it is indeed something fashioned by a prisoner.

I would think a German prisoner Dim. Is that what you would think also?

Gus, what country is the supposed "Vet" from?
    Richie,

Thanks for your reply.

The supposed vet is a German. No information whether he was a POW in the USSR or if the jacket was an eastern front bringback.

Regards,

Gus

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Looks to me as Soviet POW used telogreika, they have own fashion on the prison...
    Dimas,

Thanks for your reply.

So you actually think it is a war period jacket?

Regards,

Gus

Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast