Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M1935 RKKA french tunic turned into Polish uniform?

Article about: Hi guys Last time found this uniform tunic from a guy who found it some years ago in an old house in Poland. I was pretty interested in getting it as found that this jacket in identical to M

Question M1935 RKKA french tunic turned into Polish uniform?

Hi guys
    Last time found this uniform tunic from a guy who found it some years ago in an old house in Poland.
    I was pretty interested in getting it as found that this jacket in identical to M1935 RKKA officers french jacket, or perhaps it is french M1935?
    Initially I was sure it was modified by Soviet officer who in May 1943 was sent to newly formed Polish 1st "Tadeusz Kościuszko" infantry division but after carefull look I lost my confidence.
    1- I couldn't find any trace of stitches running from corner of upper pocket to collar stitching.
    2- I couldn't find any trace of modifications of lower pocket flaps from V-shaped to straight.

But there are also traces which lead me to believe it used to be french.
    1- around upper pockets are visible old stitching traces.
    2- there are some modifications traces around cuffs, some pieces of fabric addes.
    3- poorly visible stitching trace above cuff stitch. Trace of piping?

And generally how it differs from regular M1935 RKKA "french"?
    - upper pockets- square flaps, no strap in the middle, rounded edges.
    -lower pocket flaps square shaped.
    -collar- lower and geaven Polish curved shape, hardened with flaps edges stitched to main collar part.
    -cuffs were geaven imitation of cut, just few centimeters were left unstitched. However, there were still two small buttons in Soviet way, not in Polish style where should be one large buton.
    -added Polish shoulder boards.

I would like to hear what do you think about it, does it looks to be modified RKKA M1935 french, or maybe it's just a tunic done by Soviet tailor who used to produce french's and this cut was the closest to Polish uniform?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1935 RKKA french tunic turned into Polish uniform?   M1935 RKKA french tunic turned into Polish uniform?  

M1935 RKKA french tunic turned into Polish uniform?   M1935 RKKA french tunic turned into Polish uniform?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M1935 RKKA french tunic turned into Polish uniform?
    P
    Many

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1935 RKKA french tunic turned into Polish uniform?   M1935 RKKA french tunic turned into Polish uniform?  

M1935 RKKA french tunic turned into Polish uniform?   M1935 RKKA french tunic turned into Polish uniform?  

All fabrics used in this tunic are typically Soviet wartime, sleeves lining is made with typical blue-grey cotton. Pocket fastened in this way is also visible in M1935 french's. Only this trace of pocket inside lining in interesting, it's much higher that real pocket and only on one side. I might only guess that lining was made from some scrap fabric which used to be something different.
    Another modifications is that shoulder and chest area was filled with cottonwool. This wasn't typical for RKKA french's or Polish uniforms but for M1943 kitel's.

And to compare, regular RKKA M1935 french from one Russian dealer site.
    Hoping for your ideas.
    Best Regards
    Jacob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1935 RKKA french tunic turned into Polish uniform?