Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 Kapitan Armoured Troops Uniform set

Article about: Hello all! I recently bought this uniform set. It's not my field of knowledge, but the price was right so I decided to take the gamble... The grouping consists of a M35 Gymnasterka, M35 Cap,

Default M35 Kapitan Armoured Troops Uniform set

Hello all!

I recently bought this uniform set. It's not my field of knowledge, but the price was right so I decided to take the gamble...
    The grouping consists of a M35 Gymnasterka, M35 Cap, Breeches, Officer M35 belt and chrome boots.

The gymnasterka shows signs of light wear and use. It is made of a very light cotton material. It has a stamp with date (35). In the pockets I found remnants of tobacco. The collar insignia looks the same as pictured in Phillipe Rio's book and looks original to me. The gymnasterka is a pretty big size, I'm almost 1.90m and it would fit me well. I searched for quite some time on internet and forums but could not find a similar example of this Gymnasterka, so I'd like to hear the opinions of the experts here.

The M35 cap is in nice worn condition and dated (40). Size 57. It looks good to me.

The breeches are not marked. It has no strap on the back as can be found on wartime examples. There are no markings. The size is really big. I'm guessing this is probably a postwar piece?

Any opinions are very welcome!

The gymnasterka:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Kapitan Armoured Troops Uniform set   M35 Kapitan Armoured Troops Uniform set  

M35 Kapitan Armoured Troops Uniform set   M35 Kapitan Armoured Troops Uniform set  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 Kapitan Armoured Troops Uniform set
    P
    Many

The breeches
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 Kapitan Armoured Troops Uniform set   M35 Kapitan Armoured Troops Uniform set  

The M35 service cap:

M35 Kapitan Armoured Troops Uniform set   M35 Kapitan Armoured Troops Uniform set  

Speaking for myself, something like this needs to be held "in hand" in order to scrutinize. It's correct as far as it's assembly.

The same applies to the cap. Many fake examples of these are made from altered M55 dress caps. BTW, the star is a postwar model.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Hello

Shouldn't the Shevron on the sleeve be different, like on this one?

Bruno

Hello Bruno,

I am not sure, but you can see the same chevron on page 118 of Philippe Rio's book.

Kind regards, Bjorn

Dom
    ?

The red sleeve insigna is in conformity with the reform of 1935 (however I doubt that this one is original, too coarse design), in 1940 they are like on the example that Bruno shows for this rank.

Regarding the gymnasterka, I admit that I am quite skeptical when we see the apparent slot on an officer's blouse that is dated 1935 .

Hello

We can also refer to the Rank insignia diagram in Philippe Rio's book on page 40.

Personnaly, I discover the "full red" chevron. When was it is used? and for Whom?

All the best

Bruno

Dom,

The "slot": You are referring to the open front closure (the buttons showing)?
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Dom
    ?

Quote by RichieC View Post
    Speaking for myself, something like this needs to be held "in hand" in order to scrutinize. It's correct as far as it's assembly.

The same applies to the cap. Many fake examples of these are made from altered M55 dress caps. BTW, the star is a postwar model.
    Agree with Richie (whom I greet cordially in passing) regarding the cap.

However, we see very well a piece of the sweet band on the 5th picture and I do not think I'm wrong in saying that it is typically postwar

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast