Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Need help identifying a helmet

Article about: Hey guys, I was hoping I could get some help. I am looking at getting a Soviet World War II helmet. I have this guy who is trying to sell me this helmet who he says is a russian world war II

Default Need help identifying a helmet

Hey guys, I was hoping I could get some help. I am looking at getting a Soviet World War II helmet. I have this guy who is trying to sell me this helmet who he says is a russian world war II helmet, however these don't seem to any helmet I am familiar with. Can anyone tell me what kind of helmet is this? Is it authentic? How much is it worth?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help identifying a helmet   Need help identifying a helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help identifying a helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need help identifying a helmet

Not Russian, looks post war British to me. Good luck, John

?

You have what is called a turtle shaped helmet, developed late in the war and worn by some units on D-day, sometimes called the "44" helmet, this helmet went on into post war production for the British Army, the liner inside yours appears to be period for war time, check the interior of the helmet and look on the liner bands for any dates etc

Dom
    ?

Quote by kaytastrophe View Post
    I have this guy who is trying to sell me this helmet who he says is a russian world war II helmet, however these don't seem to any helmet I am familiar with.
    : rolleyes: