Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pocketless gym for opinions

Article about: Hello everyone, looking to seek some quick opinions on this rather nice looking salty pocketless m43 gymnasterka. Before I really pull the trigger I want to ensure everything is all correct.

Default Pocketless gym for opinions

Hello everyone, looking to seek some quick opinions on this rather nice looking salty pocketless m43 gymnasterka. Before I really pull the trigger I want to ensure everything is all correct. thank you all for the insight and comments.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pocketless gym for opinions   Pocketless gym for opinions  

Pocketless gym for opinions   Pocketless gym for opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pocketless gym for opinions
    P
    Many

Spenwil73,

Couple of questions. Looking at the buttons all seem like they show age except the ones which secure the shoulder boards. They seem shiner or newer. Why don't they match the oxidization and wear of the others? Also not sure of the manufacturers stamp. Seems like the last number bottom right is a 48 or ? Would that be year of issue?

Again, just a couple of questions from someone who has a little knowledge. And we all know that can be dangerous. Wait and see what others have to say.

Cheers!

Gerry C.

From the Snowy But Getting Warmer High Plains of the Midwest
    Last edited by Gerry C; 01-27-2022 at 07:57 PM.

Thank you for the reply Gerry, As always the buttons can be easily replaced/swapped at any point in time its totally plausible that they are a later replacement. as for the date though this site does not due the photos justice, a close look at the photos from my phone clearly shows "45" on the production board, at least it appears to be from my eyes,

Thanks for the additional info. Thing about getting old is your eyes age with you! Number issue resolved I think it's a great piece. I've been trying to find a legit worn "war period" M43. I'm kind of odd. I like the used, been there and worn battle tunics/blouses examples. For me... they're the real deal.

Gerry

From the Warm One Day-Cold and Snowy the Next-High Plains of the Midwest U.S.A.