Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pocketless Soviet Tunic

Article about: Now, I figure this is probably WWII or at least very soon after, but I'm curious how to tell material wise? People always say you can tell by the material type but I have no clue how to tell

?

Default Pocketless Soviet Tunic

Now, I figure this is probably WWII or at least very soon after, but I'm curious how to tell material wise? People always say you can tell by the material type but I have no clue how to tell. I'm also looking for another summer Pocketless Tunic so if anyone knows a place or has one let me know.

Pocketless Soviet Tunic
    Pocketless Soviet Tunic

This hat seems to be dated 1944 so I don't seem to question it but you guys seem to know. Material seems right but I don't know as well as the experts. I can add better pictures if needed.
    Pocketless Soviet Tunic
    Pocketless Soviet Tunic
    Pocketless Soviet Tunic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pocketless Soviet Tunic   Pocketless Soviet Tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pocketless Soviet Tunic
    P
    Many

?

With gimnasterka material, it's usually much easier to spot material that's definitely wrong than to put your finger on what's right.

This is because after the war a slightly thicker, more 'orange' fabric (often with white flecks in it) was mass produced. If you get your hands on a 50s 60s gym and you'll spot the difference at once.

Your material isn't the mass produced post war type and looks like one of very many fabrics used to make wartime uniforms.

The pilotka is double diagonal. I posted something on this a few weeks back in response to a question about another pilotka.

Fabric like yours looks fine to me

Dom
    ?

We thanks comrade Boycie for his excellent analysis
    Looks like the collar has suffered a lot ...

It seems that the "bad" habits of social networks are spreading on the forums, pathetic !!

?

I am interested in the topic of Soviet fabrics. If I start a thread on this topic will you post examples of what you discussed? No pressure. Thanks.

?

I'd be delighted to contribute to a post like that. I'd suggest limiting it somehow. Maybe one on garments and one on kit, gasmask bags etc?