Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Red star.

Article about: Hello. I added a small collection of Soviet-Russian badges. This Red Star was there too. IMO, doesn't look military, looks more as a brooch. I found a similar one on the web with its price r

Default Red star.

Hello.
    I added a small collection of Soviet-Russian badges.
    This Red Star was there too.
    IMO, doesn't look military, looks more as a brooch.
    I found a similar one on the web with its price range.
    If anyone know anything more precise,please sharing with us.
    Thanks all
    Every opinion and comment is welcome.
    Regards, Jannis.
    Red star. Red star.
    Red star.
    Red star. Red star.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Red star.
    P
    Many

These stars are so unique to me, I have found one for sale and have considered buying it for some time due to how interesting it was, the seller claims it is a early 1920s cockade though.

To me it looks like trench art.

A beautiful piece of trench art if that is the case.

Thank you both,for your opinion.
    Was in a small lot, with russian and german badges
    from the 20s-30s, so i also believe that it is from this time.
    It would be helpful if someone could translate the text from the cartboard.
    Regards, Jannis.
    Red star.

Will translate it when home from work. It says something like article code.

There's also a Osoaviakhim badge for chemical defence in the lot. The other Soviet badge with the infantrist I've never seen before.

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    Will translate it when home from work. It says something like article code.

There's also a Osoaviakhim badge for chemical defence in the lot. The other Soviet badge with the infantrist I've never seen before.
    My Russian is not so good these days (not that it ever was!) but I wonder if the red star "jewel" might be a kind of "Sweetheart badge"?

The one with the rifleman is a Red Army "for excellent shooting" badge from I believe the late 20s - early 30s.

That one looks to be painted rather than enamel but I dont know if that is correct. It is usually the case that with most badges when a genuine painted badge exists it tends to be a later "economy" version as is the case with the HJ Kreis/Gau/Reichsieger badges for example.

Here is one I acquired in Berlin circa 1987;

Red star.Red star.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 07-30-2021 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    My Russian is not so good these days (not that it ever was!) but I wonder if the red star "jewel" might be a kind of "Sweetheart badge"?

The one with the rifleman is a Red Army "for excellent shooting" badge from I believe the late 20s - early 30s.

That one looks to be painted rather than enamel but I dont know if that is correct. It is usually the case that with most badges when a genuine painted badge exists it tends to be a later "economy" version as is the case with the HJ Kreis/Gau/Reichsieger badges for example.

Here is one I acquired in Berlin circa 1987;

Red star.Red star.

Regards

Mark
    Yes I think too,looks more as "Sweetheart badge" as military.
    It's enamel,but not the best quality.
    Thanks.
    Regards,Jannis.
    Red star.

Johanis1860,

Have a small collection of red stars for caps. Like you I've seen a couple of similar ones like the one you posted. Never have purchased one though. Have a fair collection of early RKKA-Soviet photos. Many with individuals wearing visor or side caps. Of all the photos not one cap/visor displays a star like you posted. My guess is it's some type of broach or lapel device. Still plan on purchasing one for the collection at some point in the future. They are a beautiful piece of Soviet art.

Gerry C.

From the HOT High Plains of the Midwest U.S.A.

From what I can translate (and please Russian speakers, correct me if I am wrong) is:

Star
    Article no. 54

Price Art. bright red

Bottom I can't figure out the translation. But it indeed looks like a sweetheart brooch or even a piece of jewelry since it's attached to the card with an article code. You still see brooches on cards nowadays. But I am quite certain it's nothing military.
    On the backside is a name but I can't figure out the last part of the name.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast