Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Russian tank uniform, original or not?

Article about: Hello everyone, another day, and another tank uniform. again I wonder if this is a war variant. tips to find an original would help a lot. I'd love to hear what you think of this one. thank

Default Russian tank uniform, original or not?

Hello everyone,
    another day, and another tank uniform. again I wonder if this is a war variant. tips to find an original would help a lot. I'd love to hear what you think of this one.

thank you in advance

Russian tank uniform, original or not?Russian tank uniform, original or not?Russian tank uniform, original or not?Russian tank uniform, original or not?Russian tank uniform, original or not?Russian tank uniform, original or not?Russian tank uniform, original or not?Russian tank uniform, original or not?Russian tank uniform, original or not?Russian tank uniform, original or not?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Russian tank uniform, original or not?
    P
    Many

?

With the helmet, there may be a date stamp inside either the neck flap or earphone covers..

There are no markings in the uniform or the helmet

?

I'd pass on both.

The suit is fine but probably post war (from the colour). I'd want to see the belt buckles material to be sure.

The helmet's lining is suspect for me; the wear of the material looks wrong as does the colour.

I've never seen those metal buckles used before on the straps either. Maybe they're ok, but i'd be more comfortable with the cheap flat stamped types you usually see.

Pretty convinced that this suit came to the west along with all the other postwar shown examples posted here recently. All from the same source.

And how about the buttons on the uniform? Are those war time?

?

I'm sure that even today, the factory that made those buttons is still pushing out the exact same product as it did 80 years ago! I'm afraid there's just no way of telling with plastic buttons like that. They don't scream 'war time' to me. Metal buttons are much easier to date.