Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and Uniforms

Article about: Hello guys! Sometimes it happens, while doing research on Internet, to find rare pieces of the highest soviet military ranks, often shown by collectors and occasionally for sale. As everyone

?

Lightbulb Soviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and Uniforms

Hello guys!

Sometimes it happens, while doing research on Internet, to find rare pieces of the highest soviet military ranks, often shown by collectors and occasionally for sale.
    As everyone can image, high ranks items have an high value on the collectors market, and unfortunately there are a lot of fake items... many times they are surprisingly well made, so much to mislead the collector to buy them for a lot of $$$, instead of an honest price given by their poor quality

There are many details to verify to see if these objects are original or not, one of these is the quality of the embroidery

I would like to improve my knowledge on soviet general's and marshal's embroiderys by showing photos and spotting items around the world wide web and naturally receive your opinions

Here is some Marshal's embroidery examples that I think are original

State Emblem of the Soviet Union from a parade Marshal's shoulder board

gold filigree embroidery

Soviet Marshal service visor hat embroidery from 1980s

Soviet Marshal service/parade visor hat embroidery from 1980s

Soviet Marshal parade visor hat embroidery from 1970s

Happy Hunting!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and Uniforms
    P
    Many

What a great thread idea! let me throw in some examples I own here

#1 heres the embroidery on a named Chief Air Marshal uniform set I own (Circa 1984) the provenance is a little more questionable than some but I believe it to be good

Soviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and Uniforms

#2 here's the embroidery on a pair of ww2 era marshals boards on a raincoat with all buttons resewn post war ones, unknown owner (though i have a few guesses) but the boards are good and it was purchased from Mike at The Marshals Baton

Soviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and Uniforms

#3 these boards are a bit unusual as they are the post 56 republic numbers but on the M43 style board, the tunic they are on is named with good provenance and the boards may or may not be original to the tunic, possibly switched at the museum that originally housed it, but the boards themself appear to be good

Soviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and Uniforms

please let me know if the pictures aren't good or better ones would be better, later ill upload some photos of embroidery on Generals uniforms and boards from different eras

Here's my Part 2, this time I photographed some embroidery on Generals items

#1 here's the embroidery on the boards, visor hat and tunic itself for a M1945 generals Parade uniform, unnamed however it all came from the same officer

Soviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and Uniforms

#2 while I doubt its the most uncommon it is still interesting, here's the embroidery on a Subdued generals field tunic, Air force Major General circa 1969(? button date) but more likely 70's, named but no provenance, I have also provided one photo showing the difference in embroidery between the field tunic collar and the walking out one, Interestingly too the 2 collars I photographed were for the same side however the wreath stem points in different directions on each one, no embroidery on the cuffs.

Soviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and Uniforms

#3 just including this as a bonus, here's a pre war Commissar star

if any other photos are wanted or better photos feel free to let me know!

?

Amazing collection! All photos you have proposed are well made and give a good idea of the quality of the construction materials

Thank you Richtofen!

Hey all, so I figured I would update this thread with some more examples I have acquired since my original reply.

I have acquired another ww2 era marshal board set attached to a raincoat. Like the other pair the quality of the clearly tailored boards is outstanding.
    Soviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and Uniforms

The set provides as a good example for another point about original marshal boards from the ww2 era. They were all tailor made and original examples will look quite different unless possibly made by the same tailor. Reproductions generally look very cookie cutter with many looking the same as others but originals can be all over the place. The 2 I’ve attached here are both original and both came from very reputable sellers. They are also both attached to the M1943 top coat but they are quite different from each other

This next example is a Cold War era board, still named robots original owner this is a field board style on a 1965 dated shirt held on by 1967 dated buttons. This pair is much different than the ww2 ones as these seem to have most standard construction with other Cold War ones
    Soviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and Uniforms

The last new embroidery example I’m sharing is not a marshals pair but it shows the quality and type of the embroidery on the pre/early War generals tunic
    Soviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and UniformsSoviet Marshal embroidery quality on Visor Hats, Shoulder Boards and Uniforms

Lastly from that same tunic it seems the original owner left an unused sleeve Star in the pocket likely for any needed repairs. This unused example shows the full extent of the beautiful embroidery used for this style of star