Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thoughts on this Mundir Uniform?

Article about: Hi everyone- So I stumbled across this Mundir uniform, and imo, from what little knowledge I know on these uniforms, it seems like a good one. But, I don't collect uniforms (I mainly focus o

Default Thoughts on this Mundir Uniform?

Hi everyone-

So I stumbled across this Mundir uniform, and imo, from what little knowledge I know on these uniforms, it seems like a good one. But, I don't collect uniforms (I mainly focus on medals and helmets), so I don't really know a lot about these uniforms. Lately, I have tried to refrain from asking for help so I could learn/read up on items myself, but I don't know where to find information on these. But, would you guys mind helping me out? What do you guys think about this item?

Thank you.
    Regards,
    Nikita

(sorry for the image spam)

Thoughts on this Mundir Uniform?Thoughts on this Mundir Uniform?Thoughts on this Mundir Uniform?Thoughts on this Mundir Uniform?Thoughts on this Mundir Uniform?Thoughts on this Mundir Uniform?Thoughts on this Mundir Uniform?Thoughts on this Mundir Uniform?Thoughts on this Mundir Uniform?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts on this Mundir Uniform?
    P
    Many

Unfortunately the moths really liked this jacket

I can't help with the jacket itself unfortunately but according to my limited knowledge this makes a good chance of being all good.

Thanks for the reply Marcel, it's greatly appreciated. Yes, sadly the moths had a field day it seems like. I guess it adds to the character of the uniform so to speak

I'll wait for more responses, and if all is well, I will probably go ahead and buy this piece to maybe make a Victory Day display.

-Nikita

If I look well the jacket had 2 screwback orders on the right chest and a short medalbar on the left chest. Both holes can be seen for the screwbacks and very vaguely the imprint if the bar can be seen. This further proves it was worn since a bar only leaves such an imprint while being on there for a long time.

I did notice the 2 screwback orders, and now that you say it, I think I can also make out a medal bar. If I do get this, I'm going to try and track down some shoulder boards for it as well. Hopefully, it won't be too hard to source.

Default M43 Mundir

Unfortunately for the jacket, the moths were also on parade. The M43 Mundir jacket seems good to me. It is a version for infantry officers.
    http://rkka.ru/uniform/files/vik15.htm and for details click on the link; мундир.

Quote by Asjemenou View Post
    Unfortunately for the jacket, the moths were also on parade. The M43 Mundir jacket seems good to me. It is a version for infantry officers.
    http://rkka.ru/uniform/files/vik15.htm and for details click on the link; мундир.
    Thanks for the link. I managed to talk the guy down and ended up getting this for $80 (not including the tremendously expensive shipping). I think I got a pretty good price on this even with all the moth damage, as I've seen some previously sold, damaged Mundir uniforms sell for around $300. Regardless, I'm really happy with this uniform, and I think that it'll make a great addition to my collection

Hello Nikita,

You already bought it, but maybe you still like to have more info about this.

It is for an infantry high officer. You will need parade pogoni for rank of Major, Lt. Colonel or Colonel to complete it (the ones with 2 stripes and BIGGER stars).

The mundir is obviusly original, unfortunately the conditions are not good. Maybe you can try to find for another one in poor conditions to restore the worst damaged areas.

In my opinion, to be the most accurate, you need to buy the obr. 1946 pogoni (six sided), because I think this jacket is early postwar made (the other insignia on the sleeves and collar are obr. 1949). They are not rare as the obr. 1943, it can be done.

Also, the mundir's collar insignia on the right lacks a piece of gold braid (they should be 2). That will be really hard to find (unless you buy another mundir for repairs, as stated above).

Overall, congratulations, it is an original tunic and I like such kind of uniform. But remember that this kind of jacket is not rare, better to seek for quality in the next purchase. It will save you a lot of troubles.

Best Regards
    Gabriele

Thanks for all the info Gabriele, it’s very useful. Even though it isn’t that rare of a piece, I still like it a lot

Also, thanks for the info regarding the shoulder boards. I think I may have found a good example, but I believe it to be a Captain rank. Would this work? Still not sure if I’m going to get it though... Also, I’m probably not going to fully restore it as I like the original, salty condition of this (Though I will add some shoulder boards to it eventually, and probably throw on some medals in the places where theres evidence of medals previously being attached).

No, pogonii for Captain rank are not suited for this mundir. Post the pictures if you have doubts, we will discuss them together to avoid error and save money ;D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast