MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Uniform officer motorised troops

Article about: Opinion needed, WW2? Thx!

?

Default Uniform officer motorised troops

Opinion needed, WW2? Thx!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniform officer motorised troops   Uniform officer motorised troops  

Uniform officer motorised troops   Uniform officer motorised troops  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Uniform officer motorised troops
    P
    Many

KDVR,

Would like to see some shots of the uniform liner, to include sleeves turned inside out, back of pockets etc. As far as the visor cap, I've never seen a correct WW2 visor have those white service numbers. I have some post WW2 visors and tunics (50'S - 60'S) with that number styling. Makes me think the visor is post WW2 based on construction and material. Let's see what others have to say.

Regards,

Gerry C

JustMeinKC!

Too few pics. Don't understand when opinions are asked pics are either to few or too bad. Too few in this case.

?

Thank you! More pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Uniform officer motorised troops   Uniform officer motorised troops  

Uniform officer motorised troops  

Okay. Are there any issue stamps anywhere on the blouse? Usually, a blackened square stamp containing numbers etc. I believe the blouse is a late war issue. The visor cap not sure. I really like the star on it but don't care for the bleached numbers. Problem with Soviet visors is they used the coal shovel style visor with double ridges for some time after the war. I believe as late as the mid 50's. Maybe will get some others to offer up their opinion.

?

Thank you very much. No visible stamps inside the jacket.

KDVR,

FYI I'm considering the purchase of another WW2 Soviet visor. While doing my research I referenced the book Soviet Uniforms of WW2. And reviewing the visor cap section I came across a photo of the interior of a correct WW2 visor. In the example provided, there was a visor shown with a whited, or bleached out service number as the correct interior lining of a cap. Point? I believe your visor is probably WW2. All be it... maybe late WW2. Who knows. Overall, I'm guessing your entire outfit is probably WW2 era or maybe a little later.

Gerry
    Last edited by Gerry C; 05-13-2024 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Grammer issue

Hello,

Looking at the visor it seems it was sewed so changed from the orignal.
    Number could be for Theater or movies, which will explain why the visor was changed.
    Diffcult to tell for the pogonies but them seems ok.

Best

Bruno