MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

VDV Afghanka fantasy or real?

Article about: Here is a supposed VDV Afghanka that I purchased right around the beginning of my collecting days, It was not a bad price and I loved how beat up and worn out it seems. However, I have alway

Default VDV Afghanka fantasy or real?

Here is a supposed VDV Afghanka that I purchased right around the beginning of my collecting days, It was not a bad price and I loved how beat up and worn out it seems. However, I have always doubted its authenticity, I'd like to point out what makes this coat stand out first.
    -It has multiple hole repairs via sewing seen in the last two photos, including a button (Why would a movie prop department bother?)
    -Collar insignia appeared to have existed at one time due to the two holes and mildly unfaded part where the insignia would have sat
    - sun fading is extreme, the inside of the coat and pockets show what the original color of the coat was like including areas not directly exposed to sun, there is also a lot of staining and what appears to be gray paint in some places
    -Manufacturing label is entirely gone and no markings appear to be still readable ( I have not been able to find any) if authentic, the wear on the shirt would easily suggest why the label is gone
    -The VDV patch also has the same amount of wear and grime as the coat itself even the little indentations appear to have dirt inside of them

I would love to hear all of your thoughts, thank you all (P.S ignore the telynasha, it is in there for storage reasons and is unrelated to the coat)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture VDV Afghanka fantasy or real?   VDV Afghanka fantasy or real?  

VDV Afghanka fantasy or real?   VDV Afghanka fantasy or real?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement VDV Afghanka fantasy or real?
    P
    Many

I am unable to comment on the authenticity of this jacket, but I can say that my uniforms that I wore in Afghanistan look about the same. most of the repairs on my uniforms were done by hand since I was my platoon's unofficial tailor during deployment.

The Afghan summers and winters take a severe toll on clothing. I know our uniforms towards the end looked like brown, monochromatic rags

I believe it.