Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Were cotton model 1943 gimnasterkas with pockets issued during the war?

Article about: Hi, I recently got this gimnasterka with a nice 1953 stamp with no double pocket and I was wondering if this type of cotton material (in Russian it’s х/б) is seen on war time mod

Default Were cotton model 1943 gimnasterkas with pockets issued during the war?

Hi, I recently got this gimnasterka with a nice 1953 stamp with no double pocket and I was wondering if this type of cotton material (in Russian it’s х/б) is seen on war time model 1943 gimnasterkas.

I have seen gimnasterkas made of lend-lease cotton that has a light-khaki color and is smooth to the touch.

I’ve heard that they issued cotton gimnasterkas during summertime and wool ones during colder times?

If I’m correct non-officers were obligated to wear model 1943 gimnasterkas with pockets only after autumn of 1944 and the pocketless ones were made of cotton while the ones with pockets were made of wool?

Could this material have been used during late 1944-1945 to make gimnasterkas with pockets for non-officers while the ones for officers were made of wool?

Last picture I think is from 1944 (YaK-9 in the backround ).

Thank you for answering my questions.
    Were cotton model 1943 gimnasterkas with pockets issued during the war?Were cotton model 1943 gimnasterkas with pockets issued during the war?Were cotton model 1943 gimnasterkas with pockets issued during the war?Were cotton model 1943 gimnasterkas with pockets issued during the war?Were cotton model 1943 gimnasterkas with pockets issued during the war?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Were cotton model 1943 gimnasterkas with pockets issued during the war?
    P
    Many

?

It is my understanding that officer M43 tunics had pockets and that enlisted women's M43 tunics were authorized to have pockets starting in either August or September 1944. And that enlisted men's M43 tunics then followed with pockets a couple months later. From what I understand, enlisted men's M43 tunics lacked pockets until this period of time.

-Bill

Hello Llegion,

I have an identycal gymnasterka, same producer (Kalinin) and same year (1953). The buttons are unmarked but early postwar on mine ;D

I think this type of fabric is most common on early postwar made uniforms, I haven't find evidence of its use at the end of the war. But the question is interesting, I also speculated about its use in the final months of war.

Nice tunic anyway and cool picture ;D

Best regards

Gabriele

I found this sharovari, same factory, 1947 year
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Were cotton model 1943 gimnasterkas with pockets issued during the war?   Were cotton model 1943 gimnasterkas with pockets issued during the war?  

Were cotton model 1943 gimnasterkas with pockets issued during the war?   Were cotton model 1943 gimnasterkas with pockets issued during the war?  

Were cotton model 1943 gimnasterkas with pockets issued during the war?  

Hello

Very nice set

Pocketless gym were produced till 48.

At the end of the war some soldiers and NCO's had alos coton gym with Pocket
    Some also modified their pocketless gym to add Pocket

This is the therory of course and I already saw photos with officers with pocketless gym.

So many possibilities during these complexe years

Bruno