Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

12th Armored Division "Suicide Division " Ike Jacket

Article about: I see this as appropriate timing to show this rare beauty off! It's a minty complete Ike jacket Tech 5 rank from a fellow who served in the 12th AD division. Also called the "Suicide Di

Default 12th Armored Division "Suicide Division " Ike Jacket

I see this as appropriate timing to show this rare beauty off!

It's a minty complete Ike jacket Tech 5 rank from a fellow who served in the 12th AD division. Also called the "Suicide Division" by the Germans or "Mystery Division" by the Americans. Only 11,000 personnel ever served in this short,but illustrious unit, and one of 2 units in the American Army to be integrated with African American combat troops. Just a short bit of history. For a short lived unit.

That served in the European theater of operations from November 1944 till the end of the war. A ton of history behind this unit they served with pride and distinction.

I thank every vet for their service and sacrifice
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 12th Armored Division "Suicide Division " Ike Jacket   12th Armored Division "Suicide Division " Ike Jacket  

12th Armored Division "Suicide Division " Ike Jacket   12th Armored Division "Suicide Division " Ike Jacket  

12th Armored Division "Suicide Division " Ike Jacket  

This fellow was in the mechanized infantry portion of the division. He earned his EIB and distinguished service device. The jacket is of nice quality to boot!

I will eventually find a uniform with the Hellcat lettering unit patch. I've been looking for a great while to no evail.

Arrived in Liverpool just up the road from me in October 44

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    Arrived in Liverpool just up the road from me in October 44
    Yes Sir they did HistoryMan. That was their jumping off point so to speak.

Quote by humble collector View Post
    Yes Sir they did HistoryMan. That was their jumping off point so to speak.
    I was down Bootle docks not long ago, I always try and imagine what it was like in those days, busiest port in the world

One can only imagine all of the Liberty ships, transports, and other ships that docked. Just imagine all of the material and manpower from the USA was coming into port.

These fellows from the 12th probably never been outside of there hometowns.

Quote by humble collector View Post
    One can only imagine all of the Liberty ships, transports, and other ships that docked. Just imagine all of the material and manpower from the USA was coming into port.

These fellows from the 12th probably never been outside of there hometowns.
    Yes it must have been an amazing awe inspiring site. Also was the nerve centre for the Battle of the Atlantic, that reminds me I really must visit the Battle of the Atlantic museum !!!! i have walked past it so many times !

Cheers

Their museum is in Abilene Tx I believe. They were trained and assembled in Texas

I'm wanting to collect rare or obscure American unit uniforms/accouterments. Honestly the German stuff is faked to the max, and much of it isn't as rare as ppl make it out to be. This unit is one of the tougher ones to find.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast