Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

1944 Officers Boots

Article about: I was pleased to find these boots the other day, they are the first wartime boots I have found and the condition is amazing. The cleats look a little over the top for a lieutenant in the Pay

Default 1944 Officers Boots

I was pleased to find these boots the other day, they are the first wartime boots I have found and the condition is amazing. The cleats look a little over the top for a lieutenant in the Pay Corps.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1944 Officers Boots   1944 Officers Boots  

1944 Officers Boots   1944 Officers Boots  

?

You really scored well there Roger!
    Interesting to compare the British cleats to the Australian cleats on my boots (Australian Boots thread).
    Top condition. Do you see many WWII British boots?

Oz.

Thanks Oz,
    It is very rare for me to see any ww2 boots at all. I find many from the 70's and 80's and I have several from the early fifties which are about as close as you can get to the ww2 boots. The Australian made israeli used boots are the best I have found before but they are not dated.

NCA
    ?

Are'nt these the Jungle boots issued as part of the 1944 Pattern equipment? Very nice all the same.

You may well be right as they colour is redder than normal brown boots and it it would explain the over the top cleats but I have nothing to compare them to. I would be very happy for them to be Jungle boots.

NCA
    ?

I'm pretty sure they are...they have all the hallmarks. The cleated grips, a tongue that reaches to the top of the boot to stop water ingress, the loop on the back to thread the laces through and to help pull the on and I cant tell from the pics but the eyelets are probably non rusting metal. Try and get a look at 'khaki drill jungle green book.Theres a pic of them in there and yours look exactly the same.

I do have the KDJG book somewhere along with the other European one but I can seem to find them. They have been missing for about 3 years but I am loathe to re-buy them because the originals will then turn up.

I did order 'Uniforms of the WW2 Tommy' by David Gordon at the weekend but it has not yet turned up . His book 'Equipment of the WW2 Tommy' is very thorough.