Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1945 dated, New Zealand leather jerkin.

Article about: I thought I would show my 1945 marked New Zealand leather jerkin. It was manufactured just post war but they are hard enough to find in any form in NA I am happy to find it. I am unable to m

?

Default 1945 dated, New Zealand leather jerkin.

I thought I would show my 1945 marked New Zealand leather jerkin. It was manufactured just post war but they are hard enough to find in any form in NA I am happy to find it. I am unable to make out the manufacturer nor the size but it is very small size when compared to the rest of my leather jerkins. With that said it is in very good condition and it is nice to have all the original buttons. Thanks for looking.

1945 dated, New Zealand leather jerkin.1945 dated, New Zealand leather jerkin.1945 dated, New Zealand leather jerkin.1945 dated, New Zealand leather jerkin.1945 dated, New Zealand leather jerkin.

Nice one, I've never seen one! Cheers for showing.

A New Zealand made light weight, unlined version, distinctive with tan leather and seven removable buttons, these were issued in New Zealand for the Home guard personnel. The maker is "Scott Mfg. Co. Ltd". There was also a NZ made heavier weight lined leather jerkin similar to the British design, these were issued to soldiers in North Africa and Italy.

Quote by Anderson View Post
    A New Zealand made light weight, unlined version, distinctive with tan leather and seven removable buttons, these were issued in New Zealand for the Home guard personnel. The maker is "Scott Mfg. Co. Ltd". There was also a NZ made heavier weight lined leather jerkin similar to the British design, these were issued to soldiers in North Africa and Italy.
    Interesting as I have no knowledge of any Australian made ones.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Interesting as I have no knowledge of any Australian made ones.
    I have this 1946 dated Allison one - assuming Aussie made due to the buttons?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1945 dated, New Zealand leather jerkin.   1945 dated, New Zealand leather jerkin.  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Nice one Dan.

Quote by Danmark View Post
    I have this 1946 dated Allison one - assuming Aussie made due to the buttons?
    Looks UK made with custom! Dan you should know Aust wool!! Great coat buttons

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Thanks for the information, I was not aware of the home guard connection but that could explain the difference with the broad arrow compared to other New Zealand items. Also now I will have to add a heavy version to the want list... just when I think I am starting to put a dent into my jerkin list you go and add another one. Do you know if the heavier ones use the same green wool as the British made ones?

It would be New Zealand wool of course, but a similar green wool felt lining. Leather dark brown, 4 large buttons. Will have the NZ arrow D stamp either in a oval or not.

Just saw this on Ebay here down in Victoria.
    Pretty gnarly but the same type - a bit younger and a different Kiwi maker!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1945 dated, New Zealand leather jerkin.   1945 dated, New Zealand leather jerkin.  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast