Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1945 dated RAF tropical shirt

Article about: Picked up this on Saturday at the local vintage fair, not in too bad condition but all the external insignia has been picked off, would it be worth my while replacing the insigna or leaving

jwp
    ?

Default 1945 dated RAF tropical shirt

1945 dated RAF tropical shirt1945 dated RAF tropical shirt1945 dated RAF tropical shirt1945 dated RAF tropical shirt1945 dated RAF tropical shirt1945 dated RAF tropical shirt1945 dated RAF tropical shirt1945 dated RAF tropical shirtPicked up this on Saturday at the local vintage fair, not in too bad condition but all the external insignia has been picked off,
    would it be worth my while replacing the insigna or leaving it as is ?, I do rather like it, the two plastic cuff buttons are missing but I suspect these should be easy to source,any help regarding insignia welcome, would the shoulder insignia be the red RAF eagle ?1945 dated RAF tropical shirt1945 dated RAF tropical shirt
    regards,
    John.
    Last edited by jwp; 01-27-2014 at 12:05 AM.

Nice pick up John.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

i would replace the buttons but i would not try to replace the insignia,but that's just my two cents.

?

That is a nice one.

jwp
    ?

many thanks for your comments

Looks to me it has been used as a Scout Shirt post war. If you look at the stitch marks they match where the troop name tape and district badges were on the sleeve and where the promise badge was on the breast pocket. Maybe it was used by a troop leader who had been in the RAF during the war ?
    Cheers
    Gary

jwp
    ?

Quote by hangarman View Post
    Looks to me it has been used as a Scout Shirt post war. If you look at the stitch marks they match where the troop name tape and district badges were on the sleeve and where the promise badge was on the breast pocket. Maybe it was used by a troop leader who had been in the RAF during the war ?
    Cheers
    Gary
    I think you may have it there !, I was wondering what the oval insignia on the breast pocket may have been !,
    cheers,
    John.

jwp
    ?

now I know its scout history ! just wondering if the buttons are correct or have these been added later ? also would it have had an attached belt,
    thanks,
    John.

Hi John, buttons look ok to me.

A great call on the Scout badges Gary!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

That's what you get from years of being an anorak!!!
    Glad to be of assistance

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi John, buttons look ok to me.

A great call on the Scout badges Gary!

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast