Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1945 Wool Melton Roll Collar Overcoat

Article about: I thought I would share this recently acquired Melton wool overcoat. It is in mint condition. The date on the tag is May 5 1945, just days before Germanys surrender.

?

Default 1945 Wool Melton Roll Collar Overcoat

I thought I would share this recently acquired Melton wool overcoat. It is in mint condition. The date on the tag is May 5 1945, just days before Germanys surrender.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1945 Wool Melton Roll Collar Overcoat   1945 Wool Melton Roll Collar Overcoat  

1945 Wool Melton Roll Collar Overcoat   1945 Wool Melton Roll Collar Overcoat  

Nice clean overcoat.

These are quite heavy and bulky to store. I have had a few in the past.

The late manufacturing date tag is interesting as by this time in the war most of these heavier winter clothes would have stopped being manufactured, so this may be one of the last in the production.

Smitty

Nice example. I like the late war plastic buttons on these.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I like it's look behind the WWII helmets:
    1945 Wool Melton Roll Collar Overcoat

Don't forget a good supply of moth balls or moth traps if you keep on display.