Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

20th Air Force jacket with soldier info

Article about: Hello all, today I received this jacket as an early birthday gift. I'm really happy about owning this since I've always liked the look of bullion patches and the two on this jacket are great

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    A great looking uniform..

If you can obtain the records from NARA then you will have the uniform as well as unit assignments and decorations..

Here is a tutorial I did to show you how to obtain records from NARA..

A Tutorial on how to search for US Service Members Records from the National Archives (NARA)

If you have any questions please feel free to drop me a line, I will be more than happy to assist you in finding out more information..

You have some very good information to go off now, and it was provided by some great researchers as well...
    Thank you for the tutorial and help! I tried filling out the form earlier this month but didn't get far as I assumed you needed to know the full middle name of the service member which I don't have. This weekend I'll try filling the form out again with your tutorial open next to it, if I have any questions I'll definitely send you a message.

The more information you have the better and easier it will be for the researcher at NARA to find your records.. I have had both good and bad experiences with the folks at NARA.. Keep in mind that a researcher is only as good as how far they want to delve into the project. If a NARA researcher is bogged down with requests, in some cases it is easier for them to send a letter back saying "the record was lost in the fire" and leave it at that..

I was persistent when I received the infamous "fire letter" on two occasions for the same person...the third time I sent the request I received word that the records that I was seeking were found and they printed off about 150 pages of information for the Soldier... so my advice is not to give up..

If NARA does not seem to work out for you,, a great research company called Golden Arrow research may be able to help you. Geoff and his staff have been great in locating records in the past for me...

Here is their link

Golden Arrow Research-Research a Veteran

Smitty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2