Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

25th Infantry Division Uniform

Article about: I bought this WW2 uniform grouping from the 25th Infantry Division today and wanted to share it and get opinions on it. I'm new to uniform collecting so this is the first grouping I've purch

Default 25th Infantry Division Uniform

I bought this WW2 uniform grouping from the 25th Infantry Division today and wanted to share it and get opinions on it. I'm new to uniform collecting so this is the first grouping I've purchased, but it appears to be in very nice condition. I'm not sure if the pants are original to the jacket (and I know the shirt isn't) but I still think its a nice set. There appears to be some writing inside the pants but It's almost impossible for me to read Any and all opinions/comments are appreciated!

25th Infantry Division Uniform25th Infantry Division Uniform25th Infantry Division Uniform25th Infantry Division Uniform25th Infantry Division Uniform25th Infantry Division Uniform25th Infantry Division Uniform

I know the insignia on the left sleeve is of the 25th "Tropic Lightning" Division, but I'm not quite sure what the insignia on the right sleeve is yet (I struggle to remember all the different insignias )

UPDATED: Found out its 6th army, I figured it was an army group but couldn't find it haha

?

The one on the right is the 6th Army Patch was worn from 26 January 1927 to 1957.

Sorry just saw the UPDATE

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks for the info! I picked up everything for $50, did I do good?

Quote by chbingle View Post
    Thanks for the info! I picked up everything for $50, did I do good?
    Naa you got ripped off! Bangladesh repros!!

Has the shirt a tag on the hem? looks to be a earlier patt, double placket

Theres no tag on the shirt that I can find

remnants of one? they wern't sewn full on the hem only partially, sometimes you will see stitch remnants.

Also did you look in the pocket inner on the trousers for a tag? I bet you did.

This is the tag from the pants:

As far as the shirt goes this stamp on the collar is all there is to see as well as a size stamp:

(Sorry for the flipped pictures, I don’t know how to make them upload the correct way from my phone)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast