Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

2nd Chemical Mortar BTN. Ike

Article about: Just wanted to share this year's newest find. I love these shortened four-pocket jackets. The theater-made insignia is too cool as well. no story or name, just a beautiful Ike

Default 2nd Chemical Mortar BTN. Ike

Just wanted to share this year's newest find. I love these shortened four-pocket jackets. The theater-made insignia is too cool as well. no story or name, just a beautiful Ike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd Chemical Mortar BTN. Ike   2nd Chemical Mortar BTN. Ike  

2nd Chemical Mortar BTN. Ike   2nd Chemical Mortar BTN. Ike  

Excellent Ike.
    Extremely rare German theatre made c1945/46 SSI,EAME arrowhead Sicily/Italy , Campaign star. Ribbons look theatre made apart from WWII Victory ribbon and typical crosshatched homeward bound stitching. DUI could possibly be theatre made-not to sure on DUI.
    All in all what you want to have on a WWII Ike.

Any name tags or ID , members of Co A 2nd Chemical were involved with FATF Invasion Southern France Operation Dragoon/Rugby....I seem to recall.

Phill

Thanks for the kind assessment Phill. Ill snap a photo of the backs of the DIs later. It never occured to me they might be theater made.

Hi mate

Also what SSI is on his Right shoulder?

Incidentally a similar theatre made 461(?) chem Bn-unit designation changed from 2nd Chem was used during the Korean war.

Im not knowledgeable on DUI but better to show the back for other knowledgeable forum members.

Phill

A nice example to be sure! Thanks for sharing!

?

Very nice

Good 'ol NS Meyer! its funny, I hadn't even bothered to look at the undersides past seeing if they were pin backed or not. You learn something about your own junk everyday I guess....

Phill, to answer your question, there is not SSI on the right shoulder
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd Chemical Mortar BTN. Ike  

Gidday eagle

WWII era NS Meyer superb.

Here is an article on 2 chem.

Note at wars end the last MACOM was Seventh Army and occupation duties with 42nd Inf Div.

One would normally see either SSI on R or L shoulder but the individual decided to put 2 chem (currently serving) and no MACOM, probably because of temporary assignment.

A very individualistic approach, which in my opinion makes it better!

WWII History of the 2nd Chemical Mortar Bn

Phill

Maybe he was an old hand that refused to leave the unit and rotated home before they were disbanded. Either way, thank a million for the extra info Phill. I really appreciate it

No probs mate

What your seeing is typical GI returning home and individual was proud of his unit.
    The patch (to the best of my knowledge) was unauthorized ie never approved by OQMC-Heraldry section-the DI yes not the patch. The patch is based on the DI.
    So you have a GI homeward bound with an unauthorized SSI who is then currently serving in 2nd Chem.
    Pretty cool to own I'd imagine.

Phill