Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

2nd Rangers / 4th armored division Ike jacket

Article about: Hello all, I recently went to Brimfield for their big antique show and came back with a few items. I usually don't look for uniforms but since there weren't really any great helmets this yea

Default 2nd Rangers / 4th armored division Ike jacket

Hello all, I recently went to Brimfield for the big antique show and came back with a few items. I usually don't look for uniforms but since there weren't really any great helmets this year I decided to take look at a few and got this Ike jacket as well as the enlisted mans shirt. I realize that WW2 ranger scrolls are heavily faked and that any uniform with one shouldn't also have an armored division patch on it as well. But I got it for a good enough price where if they are fake I won't take that much of a hit. If you know that the ranger patches fake please let me know as I'd like to know how to better spot real ones.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2nd Rangers / 4th armored division Ike jacket   2nd Rangers / 4th armored division Ike jacket  

2nd Rangers / 4th armored division Ike jacket   2nd Rangers / 4th armored division Ike jacket  

2nd Rangers / 4th armored division Ike jacket  
    Last edited by Politefaun; 05-18-2019 at 05:55 AM.

Looks a bit big to me? Don't take my word for it, but it doesn't look right to me.. Wait for the real experts to verify this one!

?

I dont think the set is legit, the tabs remind me more of the 40s period ones for collectors. I'm not an expert on ranger tabs, but I'd also expect the wool to shrink a little from washing the shirt and jacket if old.

I'm afraid its a put together , made for rein-actors?

The Ranger scroll letter numbers are not WWII style , the scroll looks squarish not the real deal.

The scroll on the shirt looks too low should be around the top of shoulder if done professionally.

4th AD looks 1950's with the wider khaki twill , WWII era tends to be hand cut right back to the edge.

Any evidence of rank,hash stripes , honorable discharge , ghost outline of patch on sleeves and ribbon rack?

Find it strange former 2nd ranger and then current service 4th AD ?

Phill

Yeah I thought that was going to be the case. There's no evidence of a discharge patch or any other patches having been put on it. Thank you Phil and gel65 for the confirmation that its a put together.