Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

45th inf.Div Ike Jacket

Article about: Another uniform has arrived... This one is an ike jacket belonging to a Lieutenant of the 45th infantry division. Although its unnamed the officer who owned this was awarded 2 Bronze Stars,

?

Default 45th inf.Div Ike Jacket

Another uniform has arrived...
    This one is an ike jacket belonging to a Lieutenant of the 45th infantry division.
    Although its unnamed the officer who owned this was awarded 2 Bronze Stars, European-African campaign ribbon with 4 campaign stars and an arrowhead device, and the Combat Infantry Badge.
    I'm very happy with this uniform, as always let me know what you think below
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 45th inf.Div Ike Jacket   45th inf.Div Ike Jacket  

45th inf.Div Ike Jacket   45th inf.Div Ike Jacket  

45th inf.Div Ike Jacket  

Very nice! The 45th was, and is again, a National Guard Division drawing its ranks from North Texas and Oklahoma. The arrow head would have been from the division's participation in Operation Dragoon the invasion of Southern France in August of '45.

The owner also has a Good Conduct Medal which is for enlisted soldiers but I have seen very often on officer uniforms from WWII so perhaps the man was a mustang (prior enlisted)
    Last edited by 08SMLE48; 06-27-2020 at 09:01 PM. Reason: content

Nice Ike! From the looks of it, most likely a battlefield commission. Notice how it is an enlisted Ike Jacket with officer insignia, most likely he received his commission and never tailored an officer coat for his wear and just used the Enlisted Ike Jacket that was issued to him. Any overseas stripes? Any manufacturing tags?

Hunt

?

Thanks both of you! And yes it has 3 overseas bars, I don't believe it has a manufacturer's tag on it but I can't check as I'm at work right now, but I will check and let you know once I'm off later tonight

Beautiful Ike!

Calloway

Did you get this off of Ebay because I saw one just like it recently on there?

Calloway

?

Very Nice Ike,
    The 45th used to have the hakenkreuze as there patch insignia pre war, But for obvious reasons they changed it!!!LOL!!!
    Excellent pickup!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Thanks Phil and Tolleson! Yes I did in fact pick this one up off of Ebay, it' s become my own little hunting ground...

?

Wally nice jacket but be careful with out info on the owner you never know if this is a put together jacket . EBay does still have some hidden treasures but it also has a lot of junk. Gary

Nice jacket, there is evidence of other insignia been applied (note pin holes on collar). Check the inside pocket for a tag.
    Turning it inside out can help on how long the patches have been applied.
    I still love an Ike jacket even if it's been changed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast