Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

6th Army Jacket

Article about: Howdy, I have here a seller offering me a 6th Army Jacket. I'm not the most knowledgeable on uniforms, but she was offering me it for \\$95. I have two questions for it: ▪︎ Is it authentic

Default 6th Army Jacket

Howdy,

I have here a seller offering me a 6th Army Jacket. I'm not the most knowledgeable on uniforms, but she was offering me it for $95. I have three questions for it:

▪︎ Is it authentic? If it is, was the awards and such a put-together post-war or original? (I'm really giddy to know if that is a sterling CIB).
    ▪︎ Is this worth the price?
    ▪︎ What else is there to know about it?
    6th Army Jacket6th Army Jacket6th Army Jacket

There are some things to consider with the uniform..

1. Is the uniform named?
    2. Are the decorations added post war? (The only way of knowing is to ask the seller to remove the ribbons and take images of the back.
    3. The collar brass is Engineer and yet there is a Combat Infantry Badge on the uniform. Usually awarded to Infantry Soldiers so I would want to investigate further and ask the question if the CIB was put on there post war.
    4. The absence of a combat patch on the right shoulder (AKA Former Wartime Service) although not a showstopper it does lead me to ask the question, especially with the Combat Infantry Badge, what infantry unit would this Soldier have been fighting with?
    5. The price is a little high in my opinion, and unless some of the questions that I have asked above can be answered by the seller then I would personally pass.

Uniforms with no names or provenance but do have ribbons and other awards like this one, I would not expect to pay more than $65-80.

Smitty

Thank you Smitty,

I will ask the seller these questions and try to check the back of the ribbons/CIB. I will also try to ask if I can get a name with the uniform and investigate since their is no name on it. Thank you again for the information!

- Evan

Evan,

The best outcome is a possible name that can be researched. Hopefully the seller has more information for you and is willing to provide it. If this uniform is coming from an estate of a deceased veteran, ask that specifically to the seller who may be able to provide more information to you.

Hope it all works out for you

Smitty