Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

7th and 3rd Army Ike

Article about: I picked up this really cool Ike jacket a few months ago on auction, and I feel like some of you guys would like to take a look at it. After winning the auction for this jacket I contacted t

Default 7th and 3rd Army Ike

I picked up this really cool Ike jacket a few months ago on auction, and I feel like some of you guys would enjoy taking a look at it.

After winning the auction for this jacket I contacted to seller to see if he possibly knew any Information behind it. What he told was quite interesting. The seller had quite a few uncles that served in WWII, and he told me this jacket belonged to one of them. Unfortunately he wasn’t sure on the exact uncle. He told me it belonged to either John, Peter, Andrew, or Paul. All of these men served in the war, and they are all from the state of Pennsylvania. The seller was also kind enough to share with me his uncles last names. "Papinchak"

Unfortunately there is no name or laundry number inside this jacket, but at least I was able to narrow down my search to a small group of men. This jacket is quite flashy as the original owner added a dog tag chain border around his army and overseas patches. When I first received the jacket the ribbons were a jumbled mess, so I repositioned them the best I could.

Pieces that come directly from the family like this always get me am exited!

Best Regards- Jarret

P.S.- I added the collar brass as there was none on it when I first received the jacket.

7th and 3rd Army Ike7th and 3rd Army Ike7th and 3rd Army Ike7th and 3rd Army Ike
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 7th and 3rd Army Ike  

Nice one, never seen dog tag chains used like this before! interesting! cheers for showing.

A great Ike with some interesting personalization. That's always nice to see, and makes a piece truly unique.

B.B.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Nice one, never seen dog tag chains used like this before! interesting! cheers for showing.
    I've seen a few in the past before, but they are certainly scarce. It almost reminds me of the liberty cuffs you can sometimes find on Navy jumpers.

Best Regards- Jarret

Nice looking Ike Jacket, I have one too that is both a 7th and 3rd US Army.

Cal

?

Very nice jacket mate.
    Cheers Rick