Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Army Picks a New Uniform With a World War II Look

Article about: Army Picks a New Uniform With a World War II Look---Daniel A. Dailey, center, the sergeant major of the Army, stands with soldiers modeling prototypes of the new Army Greens service uniform

Default Army Picks a New Uniform With a World War II Look

Army Picks a New Uniform With a World War II Look---Daniel A. Dailey, center, the sergeant major of the Army, stands with soldiers modeling prototypes of the new Army Greens service uniform at the Army-Navy football game in Philadelphia on Dec. 9, 2017.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Army Picks a New Uniform With a World War II Look  

Good. I personally like it.

MAP
    ?

I read this on the news feed this morning. Hallelujah!!! Classic and really like it
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

What a cool move this is. Wonder if they modeled the visors to WW2 specs ? He's got a hefty serving of fruit salad on his chest !
    D.

?

The belted tunics look much like officer's versions of that era, and these are NCO's of course. Still looks like a great improvement to me.
    I hope they don't plan to wear berets with this uniform, with the exception of those units that did historically.

BobS

?

The Army wastes more tax dollars switching uniforms every few years than anything else. They still have warehouses of ACUs that went unused. They need to pick something and stick with it. I can think of much better ways to spend that money within the DOD

Quote by Brig View Post
    The Army wastes more tax dollars switching uniforms every few years than anything else. They still have warehouses of ACUs that went unused. They need to pick something and stick with it. I can think of much better ways to spend that money within the DOD
    It helps moral, it has a possible positive effect on enlistment. In this day & age, this is crucial. Any way to make the armed forces more desirable, I say go for it.

The SS uniforms of the era....beautiful as they were, everyone wanted to be in uniform. What could be more desirable than to be dressed from head to foot in black & silver ? Not as drastic as what we are offering today, but a similar purpose for it.
    D.

?

Quote by real steel View Post
    It helps moral, it has a possible positive effect on enlistment. In this day & age, this is crucial. Any way to make the armed forces more desirable, I say go for it.
    D.
    I host Army units on my camp all the time...more often than not, when the topic comes up, they're on my side of the discussion. They're sick of constantly having to get new uniforms and wear a hodge-podge of gear while the camo transitions happen. Many units are a mix of ACU and multi-cam until the wear-out date hits, there's no uniformity within units and it adversely affects the professional appearance. Keep in mind, the average soldier is a lot less interested in the history of the uniform than us collectors

Okay, I figured for "dress appearance"..these new offerings would be welcomed. As far as "battle gear & uniforms", I can understand your point. If one gets used to or comfortable with his camo fatigues or battle dress, makes sense he would not want change
    D.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Brig View Post
    My friend said the same thing....

But think of it as "Glass Half Full".........all that surplus hitting the market over the next few years
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast