Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Bhamo Battalion

Article about: Does anyone have any pictures of anyone wearing these shoulder titles, apparently Military Police Bhamo Battalion. Searched all over and cannot find anything.

Default Bhamo Battalion

Does anyone have any pictures of anyone wearing these shoulder titles, apparently Military Police Bhamo Battalion. Searched all over and cannot find anything.

Bhamo Battalion

Anyone got any information on these at all. How rare are they as I have never seen any before.

?

Is that the place in Burma?

Yes thats right.

No information from anyone then I guess?

Wow, I see what you're talking about...this seems to be a very small niche subject. I found some things on the Burma Military Police as a whole, but none of those pictures were clear enough to see their soldier insignias. Then this is the only specific Bhamo Battalion photo I could find, and it's certainly not going to help you with the insignia. Figured I'd post it anyway, just in case you hadn't come across it.

Bhamo Battalion

Sorry...wish I had more for you. Very interesting subject, though!

The only thing I could find is this website;
    Bhamo Battalion, BFF

Has some information but not really any photo's to relate to.

That was the first website that I saw too. I found a forum thread from 2013 that talked about the Burma Military Police in general, and that's where I found that photo. The majority of the other photos I saw weren't attributed to specific battalions and are just listed as BMP, but even then it's hard to see any shoulder insignia. Here is the link if you want to browse through that thread:

Burma Military Police - a request to share research - Great Britain: Empire: Colonial Including South Africa & India: Awards, Militaria & History - Gentleman's Military Interest Club

The thread does mention a few old books on the BMP if I remember correctly (unless it was a different website that I had looked at that mentioned the book titles), but that they were hard to find.