Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Boots, Boots, Boots!

Article about: I managed to purchase a box of boots the other day from auction for a very reasonable price. Included in the box were two pairs of WW2 period private purchase officers boots, one with a stam

Default Boots, Boots, Boots!

I managed to purchase a box of boots the other day from auction for a very reasonable price. Included in the box were two pairs of WW2 period private purchase officers boots, one with a stamp for a maker from Portsmouth, however, my reason for buying the box was the 1945 dated ‘mosquito’ boots. These are quite rare and sought after so I was amazed that I managed to get them. The boots are all size 11. They also came with their ‘trees’ along with some extra which I’ve put in my other boots.

First up the brown boots
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Boots, Boots, Boots!   Boots, Boots, Boots!  

Boots, Boots, Boots!  

The black pair. These have clearly been used, resoled, and never used again!

Would these type of boots be used with battledress or would it be service dress only? And is there any significance in one pair brown and the other black?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Boots, Boots, Boots!   Boots, Boots, Boots!  

Boots, Boots, Boots!   Boots, Boots, Boots!  

The mosquito boots by John White, size 11 and 1945 dated (unfortunately I can’t take a clear picture because the stamps are deep inside the boots). They are unlined green suede calf length boots and were intended for ground personnel/wear, however, they were commonly used by pilots as flying boots. They have had the draw string removed but other than that they are in very good condition.

I have an an RAF bush shirt so I just need to find some shorts and a D type flying helmet

Boots, Boots, Boots!   Boots, Boots, Boots!