Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British Army Full Dress

Article about: Hi, I ask the help of friends with more information about this uniform, for exemple the model, Era, etc. Any information will be welcome because I lack information about this type of uniform

Default British Army Full Dress

Hi,

I ask the help of friends with more information about this uniform, for exemple the model, Era, etc.

Any information will be welcome because I lack information about this type of uniform.

Thanks in advance!

Ricardo.

British Army Full Dress

British Army Full Dress

British Army Full Dress

British Army Full Dress

New photos:

British Army Full Dress

British Army Full Dress

- - ------- - -

British Army Full Dress

British Army Full Dress

What makes you think it's British? It does in fact appear to be a Hussar tunic, but several countries had similar uniforms, including Prussia. But it has all the classic features of the European Hussar tunic with the Austrian knot pattern frogging & heavy bullion decoration. But with British Hussars mostly it was blue tunics. It could be British but from a Yeomanry Hussar or Lancer regiment, of which there were many. I would think date in service is between 1870-1900. The tunic itself as can be seen inside, is what's called a half quilt. Hopefully someone else can positively identify it.

I looked thru my references (and online) and could not find a match, I think Anderson is correct and it is not British
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thank you so much!

A “India Medical Service” Mess Dress uniform was together, with even rank. Is it a clue to identification?

An interesting question. The Indian Medical Service tunic button appears to have a King George V cypher, which would date it to 1910-36, quite a bit later than the Hussar tunic. Could there be an Indian Army connection? There were some British Hussar regiments that had Indian origins through the East India Company, however I am not aware of red Hussar tunics for those. So the fact the two tunics were together may just be a coincidence.

Yes, nice picture but what regiment is it identified as? But not the same as your tunic as it has six rows of knot frogging not four as with your one. Really no further ahead until someone can make a positive and verifiable identification.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast