Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

British belts and leather sword carriers

Article about: I have attached a few photos of some British kit that I have been asked to sell on a friends behalf. I know nothing about British kit especially its value so I am hoping some one here can he

Default British belts and leather sword carriers

I have attached a few photos of some British kit that I have been asked to sell on a friends behalf. I know nothing about British kit especially its value so I am hoping some one here can help. One of the belts is dated 1919 from what I can see.
    I am sure they are not worth a fortune but just want to apply a price thats right for the seller and the buyer.
    Thanks,
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British belts and leather sword carriers   British belts and leather sword carriers  

British belts and leather sword carriers   British belts and leather sword carriers  

British belts and leather sword carriers  

Ok, so no replies to help me get an idea of value. Would anyone out there pay £5 a piece for these items or am I being too optimistic. Please let me know what you think. If its not ww.2 German I don't know and am not really interested hense my request.
    D.

NCA
    ?

The leather sword frogs I believe are part of the 'sam browne' equipment...as to value I cant help you there.The other three web belts are British 1908 pattern belts.Average value is around £40-£50 maybe a bit more for the 'L' stamped one as its a big size.The dark coloured one at the bottom is unusual...

Hi,
    Thanks for the info. Any idea where I should try to sell these on. Again I just don't know anyone in this particulare area.... I am very blinkered to German ww.2. I would like them to go to a collector who would want to keep them.
    D.

NCA
    ?

I'd be interested in the long 08 belt...

You could put them on Ebay or in a classified on the forum. Either way, I think you should go for these items for £5 each. You will find a buyer.